“Best Hotel of our BC Trip.”

Best Western Plus Baker Street Inn & Convention Centre
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Nelson
Reviewed October 27, 2011

This was by far the best hotel we stayed in during our recent tour of British Columbia. Friendly and helpful staff. Rooms that were above average in comfort and a great restaurant on site. The hotel is located in downtown Nelson and within walking distance of all that you would need to see in this lovely town. Free parking located across the street in a fairly large parking lot.
Will definitely stay here on my next trip.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 22, 2011

This hotel is located at the edge of downtown, but Nelson is small enough you can easily walk anywhere you would want to go. The room is quiet, comfortable, beds are great, and I like that there is a fridge (empty) and microwave in the room. Parking is free across the steet from the hotel. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful. As another reviewer mentioned, rather than stay in Castlegar, I stay in the Best Western in either Trail or Nelson.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room. I was given one on the top floor and it was quiet. I'm not sure it wou...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
humehotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Baker Street Inn & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2011

Thanks for staying with us. When we renovated all guest rooms this past year, we made sure that each one were equipped with a fridge and microwave and the guests have been loving that. We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience about the Best Western PLUS Baker Street Inn. Hopefully we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

I am a sales representative, on the road for my company, all over BC. Best Western Baker Street is the absolute best place to stay, of all the properties I stay at, in the Province! They never change....always warm, friendly, spotlessly clean, and genuinely wanting to make every single stay better than the last! I now base all my southwestern BC business calls out of Nelson
because of it's central location, great food, quiet rooms, "comfy" beds and amazing staff!
Best Western Baker Street truly has all the comforts of home and so very much more!
At the end of your Kootenay adventure or the tail end of a long business day, tuck into your "home away from home" and just relax and smile! You will enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet, but if a view isn't required, the rooms looking into the courtyard are...
2  Thank Kendal55
Reviewed October 18, 2011

To date, my stays (est 30+) have been on business, but if and when my wife and I are able to get away together and visit Nelson, the Best Western on Baker Street will definitely be my preferred choice of hotel. In fact, rather than stay in Castlegar, I drive to Nelson just to stay at the Best Western and then return to Castlegar the following morning to complete my business trips. YES - It is that good! NO - I am not related to any of the staff! I have read some of the posted reviews and would agree that for a large vehicle, the parking can be difficult on the odd occasion, but the bed makes up for that - big time. I have actually pulled back the sheets and written down the name of the manufacturer for my wife. Awesome staff (Sharon, Diane and Elizabeth - all three get special mention, but the rest are great too). Fabulous food and excellent service in the restaurant. PS - I love the fact that the hotel is pet friendly. Based on their tag-wagging they seem to like the place too. My ONLY peeve is that there is 1 regular and 1 decaf coffee for the room. I need high test!!! - but then again, that is available in the restaurant!

Jeremy I

Room Tip: Looking for the best room? Throw a dart - any room is a good room. However, the 100 level does aff...
2  Thank Jeremy I
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Stayed for the first time and enjoyed my two nights at this BW. Pet friendly, hot tub, restaurant, nice small lobby with all papers you want to read, and perfect location made for a simple choice. The staff is friendly and helpful, parking lot very tight for truck owners, park on street for free after 5 pm. Walking distance to everything and amazing food/ sites. Nice and ultra clean hot tub and exercise room, no pool sadly. My room was beautiful, modern with flatscreen LG tv, fridge, coffee pot and computer desk, free wifi, no annoying 28 letter password to got with it! I will definitely stay there on my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for Lakeside. Mountain view room, otherwise, parking lot it is!!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank ilovefromage
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I am a business traveller and stay at this hotel on a monthly basis. The location is at the end of baker street (downtown) which is a short walking distance to a number of unique and great restaurants. The rooms are updated, consistantly clean, and well appointed. The staff is friendly and the hotel has a welcoming atmosphere. Overall excellent value!

Room Tip: Inside rooms are quieter.
2  Thank Kevin F
Reviewed October 14, 2011

My wife and I stay at the Best Western in Nelson whenever we visit and we love it. The rooms are very nice, the staff were very friendly, and the location is great as it is on the fringe of the main strip. The best part about the hotel is that it is dog friendly. Since bringing a dog into our life, hotels become a little more tricky to book, so it is nice to have a clean hotel that has designated dog rooms. They even have dog blankets available at the front desk which was a nice touch when we forgot ours.

Wheelchair users:

I use a wheelchair which makes hotels very hit and miss. When I find a hotel that works, I like to return to it regularly. The BW in Nelson has an excellent wheelchair accessible room and the hotel is close to everything in town. The only issue is that the hotel entrance is on a slope, so unless you are very strong you will need somebody to push you half a block up to the flat main strip. Much of the town is on a hill, except the man strip, so finding lodgings on the flat would be tricky. The Best Western is probably your best bet.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple