“Great drinks, great food, sweet location”
Review of Bibo - CLOSED

Bibo
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: BiBO serves modern bistro fare, rustic Italian, fresh, creative, European inspired comfort food along with a wide variety of exciting wines in an intimate dining room in historic Malone Manor on Hall and Herridge Lane, Nelson’s favorite destination.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The location is perfect, tucked away into a bank of maples. The service was great, the servers are knowledgable and diligent. The chacuterie platter was a treat, had great fresh and delicious meals. They also infuse their own liquors, the basil infused vodka was so refreshing and tasty. One of the best meals we've had outside of bigger city centers.

1  Thank Shawna S
BiBONelson, Owner at Bibo, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

So glad you enjoyed your experience at BIBO!
Thank you.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I am really surprised with the restaurants in British Columba. Bibo was just excellent. Great attentive service with good explanations. We shared Bibo Board and were pleasantly surprised with the ingredients, very tasty. I tried the special which was Elk and it was so delightful. My wife tried the steak and it just melted in your mouth. The salad and potatoes were just right. We had a nice prosecco to start and then had a merlot and a pleasant Chardonnay. Great Meal.

1  Thank paul1953uk
BiBONelson, Owner at Bibo, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your visit to B.C.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We shared an order of shellfish (apply) and the appetizer spread plates. This left room for dessert, which was the tiramisu and the chocolate cake (more like pure chocolate than a cake, divine). The drink special of the evening (a tropical punch) and another selection off special cocktails have the hand of an excellent mixologist. Make a reservation, or be there early, quite a few people arrived just after us and either had to wait or were turned away.

1  Thank Beverley B
BiBONelson, Owner at Bibo, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for your excellent review and giving people the 'heads up' to call ahead, especially in peak summer months. Even a quick call 15 - 30 min ahead is sometimes enough to get you in.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife and I liked this restaurant - the location, menu and ambience were right on. Indeed, the food itself was good. However, the service was a bit of a let-down. Our server seemed to be absent for long stretches. We waited quite a while before she came to take our order, then waited an unusual time to receive our plates. We decided to forego desert for fear of the time it might take to receive it. Finally, when it came time to pay the bill, we had to find another staff member to process the credit card. We do not tend to be overly-demanding restaurant patrons - neither of us has ever been moved to write a critical review before - but both my wife and I noticed the pace of this service was off.

The length of time before we received our main courses was particularly long. We had not seen our server for quite a while and were beginning to wonder if her shift had ended, when another server (who seemed to be quite busy with a number of other tables) came by with our plates and asked us if they were meant for us. We were happy to tell her they were. While the food was good, it was not as hot as one might expect it to be if it had just come from the kitchen, leading us to conclude that it must have been sitting for a while before it found its way to us.

The restaurant was quite busy when we arrived, which could explain some of the delays. But I could not help noticing our server at various points in the evening chatting with other patrons and staff members. While I could not make out what was being said exactly, it sounded like she was expressing opinions about the quality of the management of the restaurant. Never having worked in a restaurant, I could not say whether these sentiments were well-founded, but I could not help thinking that the operation would have benefitted from our server paying greater attention to doing her own job.

We found several members of the wait staff to be attentive and helpful, including the the one who processed the credit charge and the server who brought our entrees. We would not write this restaurant off. From the many other positive reviews we have read, it seems that our experience was unusual. We enjoyed our meal, but the experience could have been better.

BiBONelson, Owner at Bibo, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

I apologize for the lack of service you received while dining at BiBO. You are right, that was unusual as our servers pride themselves on the service they provide and make it their priority to ensure our customers enjoy their experience.

I am glad that you enjoyed your dinner and hope that you return the next time you are in Nelson as I am sure you will experience our usual high standard of service our customers have come to expect and enjoy.

I always welcome specific feedback via email or phone as this helps us remedy problems and improve. I appreciate your review and will share it with our staff in general.

250-509-1990

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This place is great! Tasty food with nicely sized portions (not too big and not too small), nice ambience, good music, and good service! We had a lovely romantic dinner on the patio. We would recommend this place as an upscale dining option.

BiBONelson, Owner at Bibo, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

We are so glad you had a lovely experience at BiBO and appreciate your recommendation.

PS
We are also a great casual spot to pop in for a great meal anytime.