“lovely local food and service”
Review of Bibo - CLOSED

Bibo
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: BiBO serves modern bistro fare, rustic Italian, fresh, creative, European inspired comfort food along with a wide variety of exciting wines in an intimate dining room in historic Malone Manor on Hall and Herridge Lane, Nelson’s favorite destination.
Reviewed January 20, 2013

interesting menu
love the charcuterie and dates wrapped in bacon
vegetables and risottos always wonderfully flavoured

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Limited menu and over priced. Food quality is good and service is great but just way too much money for what you get.

3  Thank Bodoskier
BiBONelson, Owner at Bibo, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for visiting us 4 months ago. Glad you enjoyed the food and the great service. I am sorry you had something that you felt was overpriced.

At BiBO we make everything from scratch, in house, using quality, locally sourced ingredients. All of our meats, fish and seafood come from BC, are naturally raised with out hormones, sustainably grown, or organic.

Despite using higher costing ingredients, we still manage to create a menu with 9 starters priced between $4-12, 2 well priced sharing boards and 9 entrees 7 of which are $10-22. We also have a 3 course Neighbourhood menu for $36. This menu changes twice a season so we are using ingredients at their peak.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

One thing that I find so amazing about Nelson is that it's possible to find great places to eat like Bibo in this town of only 10,000 people. I had the gnochi and my partner had the steelhead trout. Both came with wonderful artisinal salads and for dessert, we had a chocolat lava and an apple cake. Everything was delicious.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Some of the best food in Nelson. Service is friendly and informative. Every meal I have had here has been exceptional. Quiet and private ambiance. Perfect for those special occasions.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was a great little spot. I sat at the bar and was treated with kindness and given excellent service. I really appreciated the recommendations on the menu and ordered the Baked Pear Salad with blue cheese along with the Fennel Sausage gnocchi! Amazing! Thank you Bibo. I will be back.