“Good variety of family fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bugsys Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Bugsys Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Parksville, Canada
“Good variety of family fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

We took my two teenage nephews here for a late lunch. Three out of the four people required gluten-free food and our server, Marvin, was extremely knowledgeable and helpful with selections.
Servings are generous and there is a wide variety of choices.
The enclosed patio is a wonderful place to sit on a summer day.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Islander280

Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
“Worst meal in years.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Oyster sampler - horrid, overcooked and greasy. Couldn't eat more than one bite of the lamb. Chemical taste like windex. Slow as molasses.

Nice, France
“First time, Last time !!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

If you'd like to have a diner in that place, just make a U turn and go far away from that restaurant!!!
We had a diner in August, and I can say that this was the worst evening I spent in Canada during one month of vacation.
The person who was serving us said yes to my requests, but in fact was not taking them into account at all.
We had a big surprise with the bill, much more expensive than expected due the their price policy related to the "Make your own pizza" menu!! Forget this option !!!
The food was very low quality, the seafood platter was the worst ever !
My wife took a simple salad...that's the only thing they seem to be doing quite OK.
Well, a very very very bad experience and I would NOT recommend this restaurant AT ALL!

• Visited August 2012
Lake Cowichan
“If you are looking for excellent service and great value, Try "Bugsy's Bar and Grill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Recently our family had a reunion in Parksville. There were 14 of us wanting to get a breakfast
on the day of our departure from Parksville. We decided to try "Bugsy's Bar and Grill. Our group decided to have the smorg . So glad that we did. We had an excellent meal and we all left saying that we would return.

• Visited July 2012
Fargo, North Dakota
“great choice for a late evening meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We rolled into Parksville around 9:15 PM on a Thursday night in late June. By the time we had checked into our hotel and were ready to have supper, it was close to 10:00 PM. We tried several places and all were closed or done serving food. A couple of the servers we talked to described Parksville as a sleepy retirement community that shuts down early even during tourist season, so food choices are limited late in the evening.

After being turned away at a few places, the GPS had Bugsy's as a nearby suggestion, so we decided to try it. We're very glad we did.

We arrived 15 minutes before they finished serving for the evening and there was only one other booth in the restaurant that was occupied, so we were a little skeptical about what we were going to get. Our server (Amelia) was friendly and attentive. We ordered the Muffaleta pizza and it was excellent. We had enough to take a couple pieces back to our hotel and it was great reheated the next day. Even ordering a large pizza with a couple drinks from the bar, it was one of the least expensive meals we ate on the island.

The decor in the restaurant portion is 1920's prohibition, and my girlfriend was impressed by the quality of several of the graphite drawings on the walls. I don't think either of us visited the restrooms, but the bar and restaurant were both clean and well-maintained.

If you're in the Parksville/Qualicum Beach area early in the evening, you have lots of choices for dining. Even with other competition, I think Bugsy's is a good choice. As the evening wears on, it rises higher and higher on the list. I always like to try new places so I'll probably try someplace else the next time I'm in the Parksville area, but I would have no qualms about recommending Bugsy's as a fine place to eat, especially as a good late night choice.

• Visited June 2012