“Dinner with mom”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
“Dinner with mom”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We came to Whitespot because of their great veggie burger. I personally liked their Deluxe Burger. Nice staff and a relaxing family friendly restaurant.

Vernon
“ruined our dinner”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We arrived at 4:25pm for early dinner because of three children.
took forever to be seated, hostess was where?? Twenty minutes before waitress arrived to take our drink order, didn't seem pleased that we wanted to order food at the same time. Food was slow coming and the fries were so undercooked they were cold. Watched four small groups of would be diners being ignored so long they left. Waitress did a good job and tried hard but was swimming upstream. Three restless unhappy hungry children, two frustrated adults. White Spot was our favorite casual dining choice for 40 years, no more this kind of service has become all too common in their restaurants.

• Visited October 2013
Indianapolis
“Appleby's North”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We had heard from several friends about White Spot. They said it was a Canadian Chili's or Appleby's. We were looking for a quick meal on our last night in Parksville. I got a Bacon Cheeseburger with sweet potato fries. They were both very good. The burger was Steak and Shake quality (or a little better) Burger was well cooked with chrispy edges. Cheese was a reasonable chedder. The bacon was thick sliced and flavorful. Fries were lightly seasoned with a chipotle mayo dip that really sold it for me. Wife had tuscan chicken pasta which she enjoyed. Lots of veggies and chicken. Pasta was slightly overcooked but rosa sauce was light and just right. She topped it off with the chocolate gelato (the woman has a competative eater inside). It was good but not exceptional. Service was friendly but a little slow. Got a refill on my soda just before I got the bill. Price was reasonable for the amount and area.

• Visited September 2013
Nanaimo, B.C.
“I love the White Spot, the north end Nanaimo one is very attractive”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The food is great here, the service can be a bit slow at busy times, and they need to work hard to acknowledge their walk in traffic promptly at times, but yummy fare, reasonably priced.
Kid friendly too, with children's size portions, also Seniors Portions. Love their BC fresh oriented food offerings. Can't get enough of that Triple O sauce on my hamburger, others pale in comparison.

Visited July 2013
Pitt Meadows, Canada
“No service”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had dinner there on friday. The food was so so. My sons meal was cool but edible in his mind. My younger didn't finish his which is unusual. My wifes and mine were also so so at best. Never saw the waitress until we were leaving. It was then that she asked if we needed help with anything. Could have walked out without paying. Don't think she would have noticed. Worst service that I have had at a White Spot in years. Won't return to this location.

Visited June 2013