“You've got to eat here”

Trees Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 99 Restaurants in Parksville
Cuisines: American, Diner, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a diamond in the rough. We have an inhouse bakery where goodies are placed out fresh throughout the day. Better come early if you are looking for a cinnamon bun (they never last). We have a large breakfast menu and a great variety for lunch. There is no set menu for dinner as we make different chef specials nightly. Come in and enjoy the great foods!
Edmonton, Canada
“You've got to eat here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We've eaten here 3 times, always for breakfast. There's a reason we come back.

When you walk inside, unlike many area restaurants, this place is clean, bright, and fresh. The service has always been attentive and prompt. But the best part is the food.

A great breakfast and lunch menu. They make all their own breads for the meals; in fact, everything is made from scratch. No processed potatoes, cheese, or other undesirables like many other restaurants. They also sell their bread and their baked goods on the premises.

We've eaten their eggs benedict twice it was so good. The last time we thought we should at least try something else for breakfast. My husband ate one of the bigger offerings (had a hard time finishing) but he was really enjoying it. I tried the traditional breakfast and it was like eating a home cooked meal at home, except I didn't have to cook and do the dishes. We haven't yet eaten lunch here but will definitely be back for lunch one of these days.

Go ahead, drive out there and enjoy a great breakfast.

• Visited February 2013

upper island
“chariotawaits”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were coming back from Coombs heading towards Parksville. Just out for a drive, and came across Trees Diner, the food was superb. Real food; thick fresh baked bread, real turkey and bacon ( club house sandwich ) thick tomato slices. Plus there's lots of food on the plate. Slightly more expensive than the average restaurant, but sooo worth it. The service was efficient, friendly and fast. Even the homemade cheesecake was fantastic.

All around great experience and highly recommended.

• Visited March 2013
Port Alberni, Canada
“I take it back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I previously gave Tree's Diner a bad review based on my experience dining there but have now gone back to try it out under it's new ownership. I COMPLETELY revoke my previous bad review and want to let the new owner know that we WILL be back and we WILL bring our friends. The Tex Mex scramble was delicious (spicy so make sure you like that) and the sausage patties were tasty. The portions were awesome and I took some home. Also the service was super friendly, efficient and warmly welcoming and all round I am looking forward to coming back frequently. I am just sorry it took me so long to decide to come back after the first bad experience but I had family members tell me about the changes that have happened under the new owner so I am sure glad I went!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Cara F
Parksville, Canada
“What a great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We had heard great things about this place since it's reopening, so went for lunch a couple of weeks ago. All their food is homemade, including their fresh-baked bread in their burgers and sandwiches. I had a Reuben sandwich with the soup of the day, which came steaming hot and was definitely from scratch. My wife had the BLT - the accompanying salad had a house-made yogurt/dill dressing which was to die for. We wished we had room for dessert, as the bakery display cases were filled with delectable looking treats, but the generous portions were enough to satisfy. They also have bakery products to go including breads, sausage rolls, samosas, and all kinds of sweets. We are thrilled to have found a good place for a casual meal close to home and at a reasonable price.

painter
“best burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

got to agree with Rubyred 1967 , that is one good burger, great friendly sevice what a diffence from what it was like before 2 thumbs up

• Visited December 2012