“I take it back” 4 of 5 bubbles

Trees Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 99 Restaurants in Parksville
Cuisines: American, Diner, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a diamond in the rough. We have an inhouse bakery where goodies are placed out fresh throughout the day. Better come early if you are looking for a cinnamon bun (they never last). We have a large breakfast menu and a great variety for lunch. There is no set menu for dinner as we make different chef specials nightly. Come in and enjoy the great foods!
Port Alberni, Canada
“I take it back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I previously gave Tree's Diner a bad review based on my experience dining there but have now gone back to try it out under it's new ownership. I COMPLETELY revoke my previous bad review and want to let the new owner know that we WILL be back and we WILL bring our friends. The Tex Mex scramble was delicious (spicy so make sure you like that) and the sausage patties were tasty. The portions were awesome and I took some home. Also the service was super friendly, efficient and warmly welcoming and all round I am looking forward to coming back frequently. I am just sorry it took me so long to decide to come back after the first bad experience but I had family members tell me about the changes that have happened under the new owner so I am sure glad I went!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Cara F

Parksville, Canada
“What a great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We had heard great things about this place since it's reopening, so went for lunch a couple of weeks ago. All their food is homemade, including their fresh-baked bread in their burgers and sandwiches. I had a Reuben sandwich with the soup of the day, which came steaming hot and was definitely from scratch. My wife had the BLT - the accompanying salad had a house-made yogurt/dill dressing which was to die for. We wished we had room for dessert, as the bakery display cases were filled with delectable looking treats, but the generous portions were enough to satisfy. They also have bakery products to go including breads, sausage rolls, samosas, and all kinds of sweets. We are thrilled to have found a good place for a casual meal close to home and at a reasonable price.

painter
“best burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

got to agree with Rubyred 1967 , that is one good burger, great friendly sevice what a diffence from what it was like before 2 thumbs up

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Qualicum Beach, Canada
“First Time Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We met friends from Nanaimo for a Sunday lunch and decided on Trees restaurant on the Port Alberni Highway just outside of Parksville. This is certainly a place that locals frequent. The service was very friendly and very accommodating. The food was excellent and the portions were plentiful. From Beef dip to a hot Turkey sandwich or a BLT, everything was hot and tasty. We have found a new place to meet and enjoy good home cooking.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank larryjude
parksville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“new owner, awesome food and portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

If there is a restaraunt to try in Parksville this is it!!
The new owner is the baker from Coombs market and she has amazing food and bakery items at reasonable prices with a wonderful atmosphere.
Don't pass this one by!!
Any negative reviews on this site are from the old owners who went out of business.

• Visited September 2012