“Smallish”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Vancover Island
“Smallish”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Dropped in yesterday for a pint & a nibble. Tried the pork sliders. Presentation was very good & they were tasty. We were on the restaurant side, which is smallish. The service was vey good. We ordered 2 pints of fat tug ( the waitress said it was good) & i'm thinking it was one of the worst beers i have ever drank...being a sunday afternoon they had a country band blasting away in the pub side...no thanks..not sure i'll be heading back anytime soon.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank harleydon13

Parksville, Canada
“Good stuff”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Very good food, bottomless drinks, and good price for it all. Got the ribs, the sauce was very good and made me want to take some home. Will be coming back soon.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Regicide
Nanaimo, Canada
“Poor customer service...”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I just phoned the Rod and Gun to reserve a table for out of town visitors and was told they will not honor a coupon from the 2013 Island Living coupon book because they changed ownership in June. So I asked to speak to the manager but was disappointed that a new manager would rather save a few dollars by not honoring a coupon and lose out on potential new customers. Not a great business decision in my opinion...doubt you will last long with that kind of attitude .Can somebody recommend a good restaurant in Parksville or Nanaimo with awesome customer service?

• Visited August 2013
“Get better at serving your costomers”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My first thoughts on the first night I went are not good the bartender I had the displeasure to experience was young and inexperienced in serving and had no tolerance for the simplest of tasks such as leaving a drink where it sits until the person comes back. I don't ever have this issue at other places and when I tried to ask for another that I would have paid for I was refused and barred for aperent disrespect
which I can say in all honesty I showed no disrespect. I work in the service industry myself and have never been treated this appalling anywhere in my life. I don't reccomend this place at all if you are going out for fun and drinks and I can't say ill ever be back maybe to try the food but given my past experience I'm sure it's probably not worth the hassle.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank cloudjump
Parksville, Canada
“Great fish & Chips”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went for fish & chips last week, and found the halibut fish lightly battered with a tempura batter. It came with coleslaw and a good tartar sauce.

• Visited July 2013