“save your money”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Edmonton, Canada
“save your money”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Sure they have a lot of Mexican paraphernalia but that's where the authentic Mexican ends. I couldn't smell food when we came in and it wasn't busy right at noon -- we should have realized and walked out then. My chile relleno was not even close to being authentic, not even close. My husband's burrito was almost authentic but really bland and small.
While we were waiting for our food, we still couldn't smell food cooking but we sure could hear the bell on the microwave going frequently.

Anyway, we wasted our money and definitely won't be back. Next time my husband has a hankering for Mexican I'll make it at home or drive down the road to Avo's.

• Visited March 2013

British Columbia, Canada
“Awesome Mexican Food”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The service was friendly and helpful!! Food and prices were great! Will definitely go back to this wonderful hiden charm!!

Visited February 2013
Bellingham, Washington
“Beyond bad”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

First off I'm an American whose had some very delicious Mexican food over the years so having come to Canada I assumed there to be not much of a drop off... Boy was I wrong! First things first I asked for a Diet Coke... the waitress brings out a warm can of Diet Coke ($2.00 each) the menu was very quite small no fajitas, Carne Asada, Tostadas ect. I ordered a a pulled beef quesidilla thinking it to be pretty safe. First I asked if they had any chips and salsa the waitress said yes and said she bring some out 20 minutes later she did (they charged us $3.00) not used to paying for chips and salsa. As it was the chips were cold, bland but not as bland as the salsa. The quesidilla was a quite bad! Bland mostly diced veggies with a few strands of beef mixed it, it was bland as can be and as I sit here writing this I wish I would have taken it back. I quickly ran up to their counter and paid, and went directly across the street to Dairy Queen were the fast food was much better! If you are an American and have tried decent Mexican American food more than likely you will be thoroughly disappointed!!! Prices were kind of high as well!

• Visited January 2013
Nanoose Bay, Canada
“Maybe we are spoiled”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We've eaten the best of Mexican food in Mexico and California. We were hopeful when we saw Ole Mexicanos, but we shouldn't have been surprised. Parksville is a LONG way from South of the Border. If your expectations aren't too high and you will settle for what most people think Mexican food should look like (huge portions of lightly spiced rice and watery "re-fried beans," then it all goes down OK with the cold beer. I think that if they just were a little bit...just a tiny bit...inspired, their food could easily be as good as any little palapa in Puerto Vallarta. For example: Fresh seafood is readily available and yet they serve the same tired old stereotypes....which you never find in...Mexico.

1 Thank Rivularis
Nanaimo
“small, friendly reasonable”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My family and I have gone to this small restaurant for several years. The food is fresh, reasonable, and very tasty. It is a gem that we were glad to find. The taco salad is delicious!

• Visited September 2012