“Menu of great variety and top notch service”
Review of Lefty's Restaurant

Lefty's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 105 Restaurants in Parksville
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Purveyors of Leftcoast fresh food for breakfast, lunch and dinner since 1996. As much as possible our meals are made to order and feature house made soups, sauces and scratch baked desserts. The place where 'It doesn't matter who's right!'
Reviewed July 15, 2013

When visiting Parksville, I go nowhere but here because it is reliably good food and service. The menu is so interesting I really have a hard time deciding. Yesterday for lunch, my friend and I split a large soup (they graciously served us two bowls) of the carrot coconut soup and a grilled veggie wrappetizer with a yummy cream cheese basil sauce. Prices are totally reasonable! Even though they are in a "strip mall" environment, this Lefty's offers a really nice outdoor seating area with a nice wall enclosure and sun-protecting umbrellas. And I cannot rave enough about the fast, friendly and efficient service. Only one minor drawback - such a popular dining spot at this needs more restrooms for patrons!!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Likes: Food, location
Dislikes: Service

Background: Went here for dinner on a weekday in June 2013; no reservations

Food:
I can't quite remember what exactly it was called, but it was salmon with rice. It tasted very fresh; it was delicious! The portion was generous, but the food was not heavy in your stomach, so you don't feel bloated after.

Service:
Very meh, not memorable. The server was not very friendly. Boo.

Prices:
It was typical, around $15-20 per entree. But their menu is quite creative with a touch of West Coast, so if you're a tourist, you really should go. It's not expensive, it's not cheap but it's worth it.

Verdict:
I would recommend them for their food; very creative and very fresh. It was a very popular spot, with tons of tourists including ourselves. Busy for a Thursday night, so that's saying great things about this little restaurant. I do recommend you to check it out if you're in the area.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We always make a point of visiting Lefties for breakfast when we visit Parksville. The food is better than average with reasonable prices. It has both indoor and outdoor seating, both of which are comfortable for couples or small groups.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a great restauant , good burgers and salads . My wife is vegan and she always find things to eat and she also loves it. It has pub food and also healthy food. Good menu

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We had been here previously and were very disappointed with the quality of the food and the service. Given the lack of restaurants and the excellent rating we decided to try again. It was no better. My salmon was totally raw in the centre, the gingerale was flat wrecking the rye. My husband had the ribs and they were basically tasteless. My daughters pizza was nothing special. We cannot figure out what all the hype is about. On top of that the service was slow and it was not that busy. With not being able to eat part of my meal because it was not cooked they were kind enough to give us a 50% off a second meal when you buy a meal in the future. What a joke. Not cheap either, both times our bill was $100. As the saying goes first time shame on them, second time shame on us, there will not be a third time.

1  Thank BCAdventurerer
Robert H, Owner at Lefty's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

I apologize for your disappointing experience. We have addressed this circumstance with all those involved because we actually do care. As I have previously stated, we did not solicit number one status and so, of course, it is at the discretion of overall guest satisfaction. We accept responsibility for the good, the bad and the ugly and intend to always take the measures necessary to improve and, preferably, exceed our guests expectations.