“Will fill your stomach, but not worth a second visit”
Review of Tan's Kitchen

Tan's Kitchen
Ranked #41 of 104 Restaurants in Parksville
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stopped at this place on the way from Nanaimo to Tofino, as we needed something to eat, but couldn't agree on what. We decided to stop in here for lunch. The buffet was pricey for what it was (that's compared to mainland prices), and probably 65% of it was deep fried. It was alright and we were full, but it was not the greatest food or for the greatest price. Would not return, but it wasn't horrible.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Enjoying a family vacation on the island we had checked in to the Beach Club Resort and after a long walk on the beach and with wife and kids enjoying the pool I set out to go pick up some dinner. Not realizing how late it had gotten I quickly realized finding an open Chinese food restaurant could be a challenge. I pulled into their parking lot at their closing time with fingers crossed but checking the door found it locked. Before I could get to my car a very pleasant woman came running out asking if I needed anything. They welcomed me inside to place a take out family order and in less than 15 minutes I was on my way with fresh, hot, delicious food that the while family enjoyed. Between the friendly exceptional service and great food we would highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Sean M
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

I had walked in there before and walked out but desperate for some quick dinner as I had been traveling all day I ordered takeout bc my favorite place was closed. Was happy to see that it was real chicken in the chowmein n chip suey but it seemed slightly undercooked. Same wet for the sweet and sour pork. The battered was disgustingly soft and soggy and yet the meat seemed fully cooked. Needless to say I was in the bathroom by 2 am and had to leave work to go to the medical center bc I was still so ill. Will never try it again.

1  Thank AJHastings
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Been here for lunch and it was 'OK'........ordered $50.00 worth from takeout the other night and was somewhat disappointed. I have come to expect most Chinese REstaurants to pretty much taste the same, the 'buffet' type, but one of the 4 items was wrong and all were very mediocre.
I miss good Chinese food having spent time in my working life in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong. I did find one truly authentic in Winnipeg, on the river, it was truly authentic, not sure if it is still there, but I think I will be giving up on this 'buffet' stuff. This is an average rating because most of these restaurants are average.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We live in Parksville. Last year,we had visitors from Europe.We reserved a table for 4,one day ahead.Next day,our reservation was not found in their book.We left.Recently we went back,hoping they got their act together .Place was jammed,tables to close together.Difficult for patrons and/or servers to reach any table.Food at the buffet,partly cold,some bins empty.Good ice cream .Sorry to say,better food next door at Mc Donalds