“So glad we chose Bangkok Thai for lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bangkok Thai

Bangkok Thai
Ranked #18 of 99 Restaurants in Parksville
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Parksville, Canada
“So glad we chose Bangkok Thai for lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

My daughter and I chose to eat at Bangkok Thai before a shopping trip to Nanaimo and we were happy that we did!
The server/owner was extremely helpful to assist us to select our meal.
The food was delicious, fresh and hot; we ate every bite.
Flavours were perfect for our tastes with loads of fresh vegetables and rice noodles done to perfection.
Would return there in a flash.

• Visited October 2013

Comox, Canada
“My Once a Week Indulgence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

If I didn't make myself only go to Bangkok Thai once a week, I'd be there every day. It's not fancy but it's fabulous. Lots of space, delicious food, friendly owner and totally authentic, fresh and flavourful food, priced a bit high but you get what you pay for. Best tom kha gai ever (I love it with cabbage) and the service is spot-on. Highly recommend.

• Visited October 2013
Nanaimo, Canada
“Best in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

The food is great and there is a lot of personal attention given. This is probably the only place with nearly authentic Thai food. The sauces are well made and not watered down. Just a little bit pricey.

Hua Hin, Thailand
“Great Thai food on Vancouver Island”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I live in Thailand and eat Thai food most days.
I was very pleasantly surprised when my daughter took me to what was a local restaurant for them.
They had som tam, the Thai favourite papaya salad!
The Penang curry brought out a sweat on the face like it should.
Prices are reasonable for Canada
The owners are Thais and very friendly. The place is not big, but it is cozy. And right on the old Island Highway which is now the main street of Parksville.
I can see why my family on the island go there regularly. In fact we had takeout a week later.

1 Thank ThaiDad
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent food, excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

This little thai restaurant is nothing special to look at, but the food was fresh and flavourful. It was the 3rd best thai food I have ever had, and I've been to at least 20 different thai restaurants in my day.

In addition to great, authentic food, my friend and I received wonderful service. The owner is usually also the one serving; he is so genuine, humorous and friendly, and will want to know all about your travels if you're visiting town. He is also is very attentive, has good knowledge of gluten-free, and can make dishes gluten-free that aren't already.

2 Thank heatmcle