“My Once a Week Indulgence”
Review of Bangkok Thai

Bangkok Thai
Ranked #21 of 103 Restaurants in Parksville
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2013

If I didn't make myself only go to Bangkok Thai once a week, I'd be there every day. It's not fancy but it's fabulous. Lots of space, delicious food, friendly owner and totally authentic, fresh and flavourful food, priced a bit high but you get what you pay for. Best tom kha gai ever (I love it with cabbage) and the service is spot-on. Highly recommend.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

The food is great and there is a lot of personal attention given. This is probably the only place with nearly authentic Thai food. The sauces are well made and not watered down. Just a little bit pricey.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I live in Thailand and eat Thai food most days.
I was very pleasantly surprised when my daughter took me to what was a local restaurant for them.
They had som tam, the Thai favourite papaya salad!
The Penang curry brought out a sweat on the face like it should.
Prices are reasonable for Canada
The owners are Thais and very friendly. The place is not big, but it is cozy. And right on the old Island Highway which is now the main street of Parksville.
I can see why my family on the island go there regularly. In fact we had takeout a week later.

1  Thank ThaiDad
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This little thai restaurant is nothing special to look at, but the food was fresh and flavourful. It was the 3rd best thai food I have ever had, and I've been to at least 20 different thai restaurants in my day.

In addition to great, authentic food, my friend and I received wonderful service. The owner is usually also the one serving; he is so genuine, humorous and friendly, and will want to know all about your travels if you're visiting town. He is also is very attentive, has good knowledge of gluten-free, and can make dishes gluten-free that aren't already.

2  Thank heatmcle
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I just love it. We rarely eat anywhere else. Everything's from scratch so my food allergies don't act up. Usually on the weekends they have the option of brown rice. We're moving away and want to take this place with us. They'll make your food from very mild to Canadian hot or step it up to Thai Hot Hot. It's all amazing but I love the curries (coconut milk based) and their soups. It's clean enough to eat off the floors.

2  Thank dfm1960