“Fish and Chips”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2014

This is a really funky Pub. The building is interesting with old glass, multiple fire places and dark wood. The wait staff is helpful. There are lots of tables inside and out and it is a "Find your own place" kind of Pub. I was not fond of the batter on the fish, though the fish was very good.

Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

I visited the Black Goose while staying at Beach Acres on my holiday from England. The food was great. Generous portions and the pie was very tasty. My son had the sausage and mash and for a fussy eater left an empty plate.
The biggest plus point has to be the location. Views and atmosphere are amazing.
I also found the staff to be courteous and very accommodating of any requests we had.

Reviewed August 30, 2014

I'm a Brit, I should know! this place is like English pubs from 20 years ago, very dated menu selection and very expensive, $9 for a kids meal in a plastic basket where the only options were fries, in this day and age, shocking.

Booked a table but when we arrived sign said to seat yourself, so we had to hunt around for the tables with signs on saying reserved and the name, despite walking past several people who ultimately turned out to be staff and didn't offer to help. No menus on table, had to queue 10 minutes at bar for menu, then another 20 minutes to order food and drink. needless to say I did not open a tab, so they got no tip. come on, Friday night on a long weekend, you need more than one person behind the bar and taking food orders. menu choices were Ok if you wanted pies (but who wants their pie with salad?), but very limited for the coeliac member of our party, and there was no potato option other than chips.

Waited around 40 mins for our food to come out, at tables In a room that was frankly grubby, and the plates, baskets and everything just had a very tired and uncared for feel. We came very close to walking out, not least as this was birthday celebration and the whole thing left bad taste in my mouth - both literally and metaphorically. Husband said pie was ultimately tasty but salad on the side was old and boring, my veggie Moroccan dish on rice was frankly tasteless.

would not go back, even though staying on the resort, and would not recommend unless you really are desperate for an English beer!

Overpriced, dated menu choices, grubby and dreadful service. Oh, and one toilet! really???

1  Thank StrawberryMivvy
Reviewed August 30, 2014

What a place - real gem - it is little hard to find without local knowledge but once there you are treated to a delight in food - fish & chips or other traditional english dishes served with any number of beer options - service was great

Reviewed August 20, 2014

This place was recommended to us so we were looking forward to a wonderful meal. Even though we were told about 45 mins to get a great meal.. Well.. Let me tell you it was no 45 mins. There was one person at the bar taking food orders and making drinks because the other person was sent home for the night by the manager/Bartender. So we were in line for 20 mins just to order. We were told an hour to get our food... Thought okay great food .. So we were told. Well almost 2 1/2 hours later we got our food. It wasn't great, it was okay but not great.
The excuse we got was it's Tuesday, and two large parties booked plus we only have two cooks. well first of all if you have parties book then staff accordingly.
One couple with five kids ordered at 7pm by 9:30 had still nnot gotten their food, at least 4 meals came out and went back in cause the people had left.

1  Thank Kimberley C