My husband and I took a quick trip up to the Tigh-na-Mara in Parksville, BC for our 5th anniversary. We stayed 2 nights in the Jedidiah lodge & found the accomodations just OK.
If you are looking for something rustic, then this is the place for you. My only complaints with the actual room is that we found dead insects on the carpeting (they were still there even after the housekeeping came through) and that there was construction going on right by our room. Over the weekend the resort left out construction equipment, drywall and piles of gravel uncovered for everyone to see from their patios. Not the best view.
We absolutely loved both the Cedar Room restaurant & the Grotto Spa. For our next trip up to Parksville, rather than paying for a less than great room, we would prefer to go for a camping trip on the beach next door and go to the Grotto Spa for the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort is located in 22 acres of forest beside the ocean. The Resort features unique log-style accommodation units, gas fireplace and kitchenette in every guestroom as well as three on-site restaurants, a full service spa, indoor pool and fitness centre. Every stay at Tigh-Na-Mara includes complimentary parking, complimentary wireless internet and complimentary local and calling card calls. The Resort also offers direct beach access and six golf courses nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Tigh-Na-Mara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tigh-Na-Mara Hotel Parksville
- Tighnamara Resort
- Tigh-Na-Mara Resort Parksville, Vancouver Island