My husband and I planned a weekend getaway to celebrate our 19 year "dating" anniversary. We booked a suite with an ocean view. The room was fabulous! The view was magnificent. There was a jetted tub in the bathroom and a fireplace in the living room. The only negative we experienced was with the Grotto Spa. I decided to surprise him with a couples massage and dinner at the tree top tapas restaurant. I called the week before to make reservations and was informed that the Winter getaway package did not include RMT's. I requested a package that included RMT's so that we could submit the portion of the package for massages to our extended benefit plan. Three phone calls later we were confirmed for our massages with RMT's. We arrived for our appointment early enough to enjoy the mineral pool...what a great start to our evening, so relaxing. We headed up for our massages, what an experience! We had never had a couples massage, I had never had a professional massage before. After the massage we headed for dinner. This was not our first time at the treetop tapas. It is quite possible the best food I have eaten. So delicious! This time our waitress informed us that if there was something in particular that we really liked we could order another portion. My husband did take advantage of this and ordered another portion of the prawns. The service was fabulous! This was probably the most relaxed we have been in years...
When we went to leave the desk had our bill. I asked for the receipts for the RMT's and were informed that we did not have RMT's. They apologized and handed me the bill for $400. I was informed that the manager would call me on Monday to discuss the issue. When I hadn't heard from the manager by tuesday I left her a message. She did call me back on wednesday as she had been sick. I understand she was trying to do her job but I felt like I was being called a liar, their story was that the package didn't come with RMT's to which I explained that I was aware of that so I requested a package that did. She then said that only one RMT was scheduled that day so whoever booked us wouldn't have scheduled us with RMT's, to which I explained was an error on their part. We have a great benefit plan so why would I only schedule one of us with an RMT? In the end we received a partial refund. Not as much as we would have received after submitting a receipt to our benefit plan. We haven't been back since. My error was not confirming on arrival to the spa that we had RMT's. I thought the phone calls earlier in the week covered this...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort is located in 22 acres of forest beside the ocean. The Resort features unique log-style accommodation units, gas fireplace and kitchenette in every guestroom as well as three on-site restaurants, a full service spa, indoor pool and fitness centre. Every stay at Tigh-Na-Mara includes complimentary parking, complimentary wireless internet and complimentary local and calling card calls. The Resort also offers direct beach access and six golf courses nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Orbitz so you can book your Tigh-Na-Mara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tigh-Na-Mara Hotel Parksville
- Tighnamara Resort
- Tigh-Na-Mara Resort Parksville, Vancouver Island