We just returned from a two night stay at this resort.
Excellent place for families particularly with small children. Beach is huge with lots of room to spread out, the tide goes out really far with lots of pools for splashing in and the water is super warm. My three year old played all day and wasn't chilled. Tip: bring sun shelter as there is not a lot of shade and it does get warm. The welcome bucket for families is a great idea with popcorn, treats, bubbles, a ball and the bucket and shovel.Very sweet. They have beach campfires ( unfortunately there was a fire ban in the area while we were there but not complaining).
Food wise: It is a great place for families who want purely a holiday with no cooking or want to "camp" but still have the luxuries of a bathroom etc. You can cook yourselves and the Thrifties delivery is a great idea. You could easily order online the day before you get there and then it would be delivered the night you arrive. Having said that Parksville is every small and there are a number of restaurants down the road and a grocery store. All within a five minute drive. We ate twice at "lefty's" and was very good (special Carmel banana French toast yummy!). We ordered dinner for pickup from the Indian restaurant one night.
There is a kids club for 5-12 ( can't comment as didn't use but saw them around and kids seemed happy). We got the ocean view one bedroom suite and the balcony and view are amazing!! Just gorgeous. I highly recommend. Much more private and the cabins have no view. Did not have any noise issues and found the rooms of be clean. Beds comfy. Only beef...no AC. Did have a couple fans but being a hot sleeper it was fairly warm. Bathroom small but not an issue for us.
I could see the advantage of this resort for a family vacation as it does have the spa as well for mom or dad to go off and have some alone time and yet there is plenty to do for families. However I would say if you are looking for a private luxury adult vacation then at this time of year I would not say this the place. It is really geared (in my opinion) to the middle class family. The kids that I saw were happy and content on the beach and in the indoor pool however there was lots of them so it depends what you are looking for. The restaurant offers free children's food from 5-6 pm . We ate there once. My food was very good as was my daughters from the kids menu; however my husbands was terrible ( and he is not picky). Server was okay but it was very slow. I found the service overall friendly and helpful throughout the report but perhaps with the busyness they perhaps needed more restaurant staff.
Only other thing to note...no room service.not that I could see anyway as no room service menu and no mention of it.. If you like room service then something to check into first.
I would compare this to a middle to upper class quasi inclusive beach resort. Great place for families and extended families to stay for a nice vacation with a little something for everyone. We live a mere hr and half away and we did feel as though we had a nice break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort is located in 22 acres of forest beside the ocean. The Resort features unique log-style accommodation units, gas fireplace and kitchenette in every guestroom as well as three on-site restaurants, a full service spa, indoor pool and fitness centre. Every stay at Tigh-Na-Mara includes complimentary parking, complimentary wireless internet and complimentary local and calling card calls. The Resort also offers direct beach access and six golf courses nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Tigh-Na-Mara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tigh-Na-Mara Hotel Parksville
- Tighnamara Resort
- Tigh-Na-Mara Resort Parksville, Vancouver Island