“Great place to relax. Only regret is that I only booked 2 nights.”

Tigh-Na-Mara Resort
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Parksville
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I took my fiance out to Tigh Na Mara for a weekend getaway. The rooms are not luxurious or modern. It is more laid back in a cabin/lodge sort of way. This is ideal to get away from our modern society. I found this type of accommodation to be equally relaxing and enjoyable. We had a jacuzzi in our room and was located right on the beach. Some other units are a bit inland from the beach. Our room had a patio that opened up to the beach and water. It was amazing to see the water come inland and go back out. The pockets of water it made for what seemed like 1/2 a kilometer was pretty neat.

Upon check in they gave me a map. I was wondering why I would need a map but then started driving to the building my room was in. The property is huge.

The service was great. Everyone seemed knowledgeable and ready to help. The bed provided a great sleep. The environment was quiet. Play area for children. Tennis courts with rentable ball and tennis racket. Overall, very laid back and fun.

I went to the grotto spa. Didn't get a massage because I phoned in too late. So I just took a dip and enjoy the Tree Top Tapas while wearing a bath robe and slippers. This was fun.

Drove around the area for nice restaurants and was pleased to come across a couple. Well worth the trip from Victoria. Would stay again if time permits.

Room Tip: Book the spa in advance. I tried to book while there and it was too busy. Poor me. But this is ju...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Houtby, Director of Sales at Tigh-Na-Mara Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with Trip Advisor!

We are thrilled to hear your enjoyed your time with us. If you are an avid tennis player - you will be excited to learn we are currently resurfacing our tennis courts. They will be ready for a lively tennis match towards the end of May.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Kind Regards,

Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort & Conference Centre

There are newer reviews for Tigh-Na-Mara Resort

Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stay here frequently and I am always satisfied. The beds are comfy and the location is perfect. The staff have always been very welcoming. Great place!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I really enjoyed the Oceanview room. Gas Fireplace in the room was romantic as well as the spa like tub. This is a very romantic resort. Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Wonderful getaway for a few days. Nice accomodations, friendly and helpful staff! Great food at the restaurant. They have a beautiful spa and enjoyed delicious tapas after a soak in the Grotto mineral pool. Good fitness and pool facilities. Relaxing walk on an endless beach with a camp fire to end the night. I will definetly go back.

Room Tip: There are a variety of accomodations, small log cabins (where dogs are allowed, they even give you a...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We stayed in a one-bedroom cabin at Tigh Na Mara in February. It was nestled among the trees and seemed very private and quiet. We were just steps from the beach and I enjoyed a walk on the sands when the weather allowed. We enjoyed our weekend there but a few things would have made our trip more enjoyable. We arrived quite late at night and check in was smooth and friendly. But the baseboard heaters were turned off when we arrived and it took a while for the cabin to warm up. The fireplace was set up with kindling but no wood. There were woodpiles nearby. But the wood supply was so wet that it took days to dry and we were not able to enjoy the fireplace until the last day. It would be nice if the resort stocked the cabin with a small supply of dry wood inside, and also turn on the heat when a guest is going to check in. Otherwise, it made for a rather dreary and cold arrival late at night. We also enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. The changing rooms and shower area were bright and clean. But it would have been nice to have a hair dryer in the changing room.
A walk back to the cabin with wet hair in February was not a pleasant stroll. These small things would have added to the experience. But we enjoyed our stay overall. The bed was comfortable, the cabin was peaceful and quiet, and we enjoyed the log cabin with its living room and kitchen.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2012

This was a return trip for us (stayed in Feb 2010) as we really enjoyed our previous stay. Sorry we could not say the same for this stay. The upper floor requested when we reserved was 'not noted' as per the staff person at the registration desk. Most unfortunate as the resort was full and although we were checking in at the earliest time at around 4:00 pm there was little effort made to acccommodate this request. Instead a frurstrating experience involving a room change (down grade) from the room we originally been given, then back to our orginal room. This room had leaky faucets, bathtub drain did not work, entry door to room did not latch withthought slamming. No extra blankets, room was cold as laminate floor (on concrete- lowest floor) even with the fireplace on which had a noisy fan. Clearly maintenance of this property has been neglected. Although the spa pools and my pedicure were wonderful, this stay was not the spa resort experience they charge for. We did report items needing attention in an email to the resort upon our return. A week later we still have not received any reply only a message we appeared to have been copied on which was sent by someone at registration to another staff person at the resort indicating 'here is another one'. We are left to assume our bad experience may have been a common one.

Room Tip: Unless the room and floor can be guaranteed at time of reservation we would not stay here again. Bes...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank potterynews

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments.

Please accept my personal apology your room was not what you expected on check in. The entire Resort has undergone extensive renovations in the last 2 years in particular our Oceanview Units have all received upgraded amenities such as bedding, flat screen televisions, furniture etc. The Oceanview Units are built onto the side of a hill and the first floor can sometimes be chilly in the off-season. Usually the fireplace does take the chill out.. Extra blankets are usually available in the bedroom closet and certainly upon request. Our Front Office team makes every effort to accommodate guests with alternative accommodations when available. With a full Resort this can be difficult to do at times.

In terms of the email - I have connected with our team and we have not been able to locate either the original email OR the response - even checking all sent outboxes. Please feel free to contact me directly for resolution.

Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort again very soon!

Cheers,

Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Myself and three girlfriends stayed in a condo. Our room did not have a view of anything other than our cars, but we were not looking for one, too busy catching up on each others lives. The room was large with a double bed and a murphy bed. There is a kitchette and a table so if you plan to eat in you will easily be accomodated here. I did not try the Cedar Room but the rest did twice and were completely satisfied with their dining experience. What you must try is the grotto spa experience. Do it all. They have everything you need, just bring a swimsuit. If you forget one, you could certainly purchase one in the gift shop. They provide great and comfy robes and slippers, and the ladies locker room is supplied with everything you need right down to the hairspray. There are lockers for your personal items. The spa lounge is stocked with complimentary coffee and fruit. The most relaxing furniture. You sink in to the deep cushions and just never want to get up again. Then on to the Treetop Tapas and grill. All guests are served in their slippers and robes to continue this wonderful spa experience. We had the all you can eat tapas which just kept coming and coming. Every bite delicious. And martinis. We had several rounds of those. Lemon Kiss I believe. Also excellent.
The next day we all selected different spa treatments including massages, facials, waxing, and pedicures.I have to say my pedicure was about double the price that I pay normally however I felt it was worth every penny, as the technician took it way beyond what I generally expect or receive. She did a great job. I should note that there were a lot of couples there too, so not just for girls getaway. Definitely an experience I would repeat.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Houtby, Director of Sales at Tigh-Na-Mara Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback and share your stay with other Trip Advisor readers.

We are delighted to hear your enjoyed your time with us! Girlfriend Getaways are some of our most popular stays!

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort again soon.

Jenn