I booked three nights in a forest cabin because I wanted quiet. I ended up spending $30/night extra and taking #2, a beach cabin. Worth the $ for the lovely views.
Watching the morning sun on the ocean, with the mountains, birds and eagles....wow!
Very quiet people next door are booked in for several months so are paying either $1600 or $1200/mo, depending how long they are staying during the fall to spring season. What a deal!! Ocean front cabin for that price! Otherwise you pay $133/night plus taxes. And the rate increases as the season gets warmer.
No deals for singles; the room rate covers 2 adults and 2 kids.
The Parksville resort strip has a diversity of places to stay, and everyone shares the big sandy east facing beach. Public park Rathtrevor next door, with lovely big trees. http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/rathtrevor/
Easy drive to north Nanaimo (20 minutes), Qualicum (good Sat. farmers' market in spring through fall) and the Cathedral grove of ancient trees (20 minutes each way).
The staff are friendly and helpful. Thanks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our guests tell us a holiday at Beach Acres Resort reminds them to slow their pace down for some golf, a walk on the beach, to read the book Oprah recommended, and most importantly, to spend time with friends and family. Our cottages and townhouses are a home away from home you can comfortably call your own - time and time again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Beach Acres Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Acres Hotel Parksville
- Beach Acres Resort Parksville, Vancouver Island