Well lets start that we have been to Parkville's Rathtrevor beach, 7 times throughout the years with our children and we always stayed at the same place (sorry i won't mention the resort just so people don't think i'm marketing for them). This was our first time staying at Beach acres as we decided to try something different this year not too far from our previous accommodation. We rented a cabin in the forest location.
Pros: Great location
Great for kids
Beach was excellent, (as is all of rathtrevor)
Cabin was clean
Cons: No Free firewood. (come on whats a little wood)
No room service
No BBQ (who wants to go cabining without cooking outside)
No Coffee (only one pack on arrival) you have pay if you want more coffee, come on....
Cabin is due for some interior reno's
I would have no problems with all the cons mentioned if they include this or just make me pay for it up front. At over $300 per night i just think your in a different ball game and people don't want to be nickeled and dimed for everything. I would have no problem with all of this at say $200 per night.
Don't get me wrong, i am still rating this place at 4 stars as this property is beautiful, its just the small items and service that needs adjusting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our guests tell us a holiday at Beach Acres Resort reminds them to slow their pace down for some golf, a walk on the beach, to read the book Oprah recommended, and most importantly, to spend time with friends and family. Our cottages and townhouses are a home away from home you can comfortably call your own - time and time again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Beach Acres Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Acres Hotel Parksville
- Beach Acres Resort Parksville, Vancouver Island