Just returned from a 3 night stay at Beach Acres. We rented a 1 level Oceanview townhouse for four adults and 2 children (2 yrs. and 4 months). The 2nd double bedroom had a double bed pushed right up against the wall (we had requested twin beds). We knew beforehand there wouldn't be a dishwasher but there wasn't really enough space to put dirty dishes. As we were only there for 3 nights this wasn't a problem but could be a niggle if on a longer stay. The views were spectacular and although two or three minutes walk to the beach (longer coming back up the hill!), this wasn't a problem for us and I could see my family in the water from the patio. The free wi-fi worked well. There was some noise on the first night as we were near the Black Goose Inn but this ended before 11 a.m.
There is no fencing in-between the units or at the end of the grassed area in front of the townhouses and with rather a large drop our 2 year old had to be watched at all times. My granddaughter enjoyed the visit from 4 deer on the first evening.
In hindsight we would probably rent two separate units if we decided to stay there again.
However, as I have already mentioned I would love to wake up to the spectacular view every morning, whatever the season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our guests tell us a holiday at Beach Acres Resort reminds them to slow their pace down for some golf, a walk on the beach, to read the book Oprah recommended, and most importantly, to spend time with friends and family. Our cottages and townhouses are a home away from home you can comfortably call your own - time and time again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Beach Acres Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Acres Hotel Parksville
- Beach Acres Resort Parksville, Vancouver Island