“Great food, sleep and service!”

Quality Resort Bayside
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Parksville
New Westminster, Canada
“Great food, sleep and service!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

While staying at this hotel I found the bed to be very comfortable. The room was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. The food in the Bistro was very good and the wings in the bar were also good.The view from the restaurant is stunning!
One note, my room had no fridge or microwave. Some of my colleagues had a fridge though.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room. The view is stunning!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Yukonlass

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was lucky enough to stay in this hotel on the Parksville Bay this last week while at a CUPE course. I just have to say, the beds were incredibly comfortable.
Everything was nice and clean, and no ugly or gross bedspreads but nice white duvets with sheet covers and neatly folded coverlets across the bottom.
The staff kept the room meticulously clean with their daily visit. Although I didn't face the ocean, a sister did and the view was spectacular!
The food in the bistro was served to us buffet style and it was all delicious. Well, I personally wasn't a fan of the eggs, but those are hard to keep nice in a buffet.
But best of all were the staff! Every one of them that I dealt with was friendly, efficient and eager to be helpful.
I highly recommend this hotel to any who want to stay in a quality establishment with an incredible view and great customer service. As an added bonus, it's organized, so you know the union members working there are being treated fairly and paid decent wages. You can see it in their satisfaction in their work.

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean view room on the 2nd or 3rd floor. You won't believe the view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Holly P
coquitlam, british columbia
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night and that was enough to never return. The rooms themselves are ok- I did get bit by something on my neck, however. The walls are paper thin as well- and very few channels are provided to watch on tv. I wanted to check out at 12 but wasn't allowed: "No you may not." Was my only answer. Even the worst hotel in the world allows noon check-out - I didn't see people lined up to check in so I don't know what the problem was. I was a quiet professional on business by myself- so it wasn't as though I had created a problem. Another note- myself and several colleagues had joined up in their bar before dinner- the men in the group were groped and harangued by the (seemingly inebriated) waitress and made all of us very uncomfortable. It was a cheap place to stay if that's all you want.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank tromponya

Travelers are raving about these Parksville hotels

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This property is not in a very good location, it was foggy the day I was there so there might be a view but certainly not from my room. My view was of the moss covered roof of the building next door. The room had the scent of cheap air freshener, as if someone was trying to cover up the smell of tobacco. The heat was turned to 15C when I got to the room so everything was cold and since they have replaced the heat lamp in the bathroom with a regular flood light there was no heat there. The television was one of those huge ones from decade ago and the receiver was on it's side adjacent to the set. The promised newspaper never showed up. I think they have basically given up.
Hard water made showering seem to fit into the worn look of the place. Staff were friendly but not very well informed. I will never stay there again.
RDM

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have stayed at the Quality Resort Bayside several times over the past months because of personal business in the area. When signing in for our first stay the front desk clerk recomended we sign up for the Privileges Membership. After a number of stays we would be eligible for a free night and or a voucher to be used at the hotel or restaurant. We did. We always enjoyed the friendly staff, and our room with the great ocean view. We did have to look past the common areas including hallways and the restaurants need for a good cleaning and updating. Unfortunately when we contacted the Quality Inn reservation center to take advantage of our earned Privileges we were told that they would not honor the free night or the voucher offer. No explanation given. As well an email regarding the situation to the Parkside Resort Bayside has gone unanswered.
We were willing to look past the resorts short falls because of the friendly attention we always recieved from the front desk staff but management obviously does not share their desire to make the travelling public feel welcome.
I can not recomend the Bayside Resort.

Room Tip: If you are staying at the Q.R. be sure to book a ocean side room of course unless you enjoy looking...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Sittingback
Toronto
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed a couple of nights here to have a home base while we explored the area attractions, so we didn't really make use of any of the services in the hotel. Our experience was fine, no complains. The place was clean, and quiet. The few interactions we had with the staff were polite and friendly. The hotel does look a little bit aged but for our needs it was more than adequate.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The first thing we noticed when we arrived was the incredible beach beside the resort. I have never been to a Quality before, but I would gladly return if they were as great as the Parksville location. Front desk staff was incredibly helpful and offered us a discount for our patience and booking an extra night, which was an excellent surprise. The room was very clean, the balcony was excellent, and our view was unbeatable. The only complaint I have was the shower -- when the unit above us or beside us was showering, ours would switch from scalding hot to freezing cold -- not a service issue, but a plumbing issue. Made for awful showers, but wasn't a problem. Great access to the beach too. The restaurant (Bayside) is amazing! We tried to eat elsewhere during our stay, but ended up there for every meal -- the food was second to none. Great service, great food, and all for a very good price. I highly reccommend the coconut prawns! Thanks for an awesome stay -- we'll be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple