Spent a couple nights here for a wedding. This is not the usual class of hotel we book (usually 4-5star) but we stay in worse for work. This is an older property - the alarm clock radio was antique, the carpets feel dirty, bathroom is older with shower curtain, no safe, and it's pet-friendly on certain floors. Bed was comfortable. Book a room with a balcony or view if you can, although it's easy enough to walk out to the patio and beach. Check in is at 3pm (or 1pm if you get a nice checkin person). Air con was variably working in the various rooms our wedding party had booked. Nice things: free wifi, free parking, iphone charger if you need to borrow one front desk. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. The wedding/event coordinator Helen was very hardworking (setting up by herself). The restaurant was ok... very slow service and food was average. Rarely saw any people at the wedding reception clearing dishes and buffet was only just ok. I would highly recommend Avocado's in town by the Starbucks for breakfasts, lunches and early dinners. Nice room for wedding banquet with gorgeous views, and the outside gazebo for the wedding was lovely. So great value for wedding venue and adequate for such a stay but if you're coming to parksville for a nice romantic getaway, i would consider TighNaMara (where we've stayed twice before) or the Beach Club looks newer and nicer. And if you go for a walk on the beach, take off your shoes or they'll get stuck in the wet sand! Walk all the way to the boardwalk - there was a sand scupture exhibit when we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover yourself in Parksville, BC, where hospitality comes with an ocean view at the Quality Resort Bayside. Our Parksville resort hotel offers beachfront accommodation, ocean views and delicious dining all in one great location. Sleep in; beach comb; golf; keep fit in the cardio room, heated pool or racquet courts; hold hands; enjoy casual gourmet dining overlooking the bay. You're sure to have an unforgettable experience while staying with us at the Quality Resort Bayside in Parksville, BC. ***Please note: Breakfast is not included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Quality Resort Bayside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Resort Bayside Hotel Parksville
- Quality Inn Parksville
- Quality Hotel Parksville
- Quality Resort Bayside Parksville, Vancouver Island