“Very relaxing” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grotto Spa at Tigh-Na-Mara

Grotto Spa at Tigh-Na-Mara
More attraction details
Owner description: The Grotto Spa at Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort is the #1 Spa in Western Canada, offering Signature treatments that go beyond the expected. We are one of the largest spas in British Columbia, with 21 Treatment Rooms, a Nail Care Room featuring 5 deluxe whirlpool foot spas, a full service Hair Salon and the Treetop Tapas & Grill Restaurant. Dedicated to providing intimate experiences for individuals and couples, we also specialize in 'social spa-ing', catering to groups and corporate business. Our 3 private 'Suites for Two' were designed with couples in mind and feature hand crafted copper soaking tubs, plush treatment tables and fireplaces. Spa guests receive complimentary access to the Grotto Mineral Pool on the day of their treatments. Designed to emulate a natural stone grotto, this 2,500 square foot warm water pool is infused with natural minerals to detoxify and rejuvenate the body. After treatments, guests are invited to the Relaxation Lounge in their robes and sandals to enjoy fresh fruit and a selection of teas and coffee. For a unique dining experience, try Endless Tapas at the Treetop Tapas & Grill, overlooking the surrounding forest. With 20,000 square feet of spa bliss, we give relaxation a whole new meaning.
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Very relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

My girlfriend and I came here to celebrate our engagement (unknown to her at the time), so we splurged a little bit on some "whole body treatments" which were very worth the cost. We both came out in an drunk-like relaxed state. After our treatments we went to the Treetop restaurant for endless tapas in our robes. We were presented with a variety of dishes, which might not be to everyone's taste, but I enjoyed them thoroughly. As a first spa experience, I was impressed.

Visited September 2013
Paulina A, Manager at Grotto Spa at Tigh-Na-Mara, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
We are so pleased to have been a part of such a memorable day for you both! Thank you for the glowing review as your feedback is the best form of flattery in our industry. We look forward to welcoming you back to celebrate many special occasions in the years ahead. Congratulations from all of us at the Grotto Spa!

Port Alberni, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“$111 for tapas? What a rip-off!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Went to the Grotto Spa for a get together with friends recently. Staff members were very friendly and attentive. Did not have any treatments, just used the mineral pool for 15 minutes. Spa is beautiful, but not serene and quiet. Too busy and overused with throngs of people milling around. Tapas were served to our group in a cosy lounge area. It comprised of eight or nine courses of different small bites, one per person per course, as well as one drink per person. Service was good and prompt, and the food was beautifully presented, but the chicken was dry, the quinoa cake tasted like cardboard, the rest was better, but nothing spectacular. Unfortunately it looked better than it tasted, honestly. The bill for each person (!!!) came to $111-00. I understand that the food needs to be prepared, to be served, that the facility is nice and well-maintained etc. etc. But $111-00 for what I got there is daylight robbery. It was not worth that much money, not by a long shot. This place is overrated, pun intended. Had brunch in the restaurant there once before, and food was not great either. If you charge those prices, people have high expectations, and rightly so. Will defo go elsewhere next time.

3 Thank 123reis
I am so pleased to hear you had a chance to join us at the Grotto Spa for a “Dip & Dine” Package however I am very sorry to learn the experience did not meet your expectations, as this feedback is uncommon. The Dip & Dine is very popular as it includes day access to enjoy the Grotto Mineral Pool, Whirlpool & Relaxation Lounge, followed by Endless Tapas in the Treetop Tapas & Grill for $89 per person. We do offer a special price for this package of $69 per person Monday to Thursday. Endless Tapas is a dining experience unlike any other in Canada, reserved exclusively for robed spa guests. Tapas feature an endless chef’s presentation of fresh local seafood, spa-inspired anti-oxidant cuisine and delectable desserts over a 2 hour dining experience. Our spring tapas menu will be launching in the coming days and we do hope to have the opportunity to see you return to enjoy the Grotto Spa in the near future.
Vancouver, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Mineral Pool is Wonderful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Not only do you not have to "brace yourself" before entering (this pool is neither hot-tub hot nor swimming pool cold), it's big enough to even play tag in! Some couples like to kiss beside one of the two waterfalls. Also, because it has detoxifying salts/minerals, it's very easy to float/hear the underwater speakers with their whale sounds/relaxing music. The decor is West Coast and very relaxing at any time. (Off-season packages often include Mineral Pool passes. The rest of the spa is quite expensive, I found.)

Visited December 2012
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Excellent Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was worried the service was going to be something to be desired given that most people vacation here and are not regular customers, however I was not disappointed. I had a facial and a body scrub. I enjoyed the grotto as well however it was the end of the day and it was a bit unkempt with towels lying around, glasses of water etc. A group was pretty noisy while I was trying to relax, but no big deal.

They use Eminence products which are my favourite.

Don't miss it if you are in the area. I would return.

Visited June 2013
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Nap time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I've had a number of massages at the Grotto Spa & have never been dissapointed. As a matter of fact I usually doze-off!
The atmosphere and overall vibe of the Grotto is so relaxing. The separate massage rooms are so private, soothing and luxe, the massage therapists knowledgable and experienced. So off to nap time I go!
The whole grotto experience here is really unique.
Take a book and stay few hours or the day, enjoy what is offered. This place knows how to Spa!

Visited August 2013