“Very Unique”

Bread and Honey Food Co
Ranked #1 of 104 Restaurants in Parksville
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: We wanted a comfortable place for our community and families to dine. Five days a week we offer breakfast and lunch featuring brunch items Saturday & Sunday. Located on Harrison Avenue in Parksville, our menus feature local, sustainable, and seasonal Pacific Northwest ingredients. We are lucky enough to live in one of the most beautiful parts of the world and we want to celebrate it!
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is a very unique place to go for food. It's never the same thing twice and it sort of feels like going to an old friends house. You can't be a very picky eater, that's for sure. But if you want fresh hearty home made food this is the place to go!
I love that it is family owned and operated as well, I believe one of the children of the original owners has taken over and I think that's just a wonderful continuation of that tradition their parents started!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We have been here a few times since the new owners took over in January. Today we had the most delicious Hungarian mushroom soup, a scone with herbs, and a pot roast panini. The panini was filled with a pot roast dinner: home-cooked beef, carrots, potatoes and brussels sprouts. And it was only $5 for half, which was ample. Really creative and tasty. I do miss Laurie and Val and their "motherly" touches but I think the new owners are doing a great job!

1  Thank jmac5959
Reviewed April 8, 2014

tried passing through to the mountain, fresh and tasty, good for a bite before a ski! Would go back...

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Went with my son for lunch had a great BLT panini, the soup was delicious as well, carrot and fennel. Its a young couple just starting out and trying new receipts, every day it's different delight. Hopefully this Reasturant will continue to grow and continue with the variety of soups and paninis.
The fresh bread was delicious not your plain white by any means , I recommend going and trying it out .

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I have come here several times since the new owners took over and I have to say I am impressed. I was concerned that with a staff changeover I might have to say goodbye to what has been one of my favourite lunch spots but I couldn't even tell the difference... Bread and Honey is STILL good homemade food!! I spend less here than I do when I buy Subway or Quiznos, I haven't seen any processed meat and the mushroom soup was the best I've ever had. If they have apple fritter bites in stock do yourself a favor and try one (or three). I would (and do) recommend this place to anyone looking for a fresh and tasty lunch, and I just hope that if the new owners see the other reviews they don't take it personally- some people just like to complain! :(

2  Thank Amber M