“Good food, friendly service”
Review of Cabernet's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cabernet's
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The food was fabulous (special steak and lobster dinner & lasagne), dessert was divine (chocolate mousse), and the staff was welcoming and friendly. The decor could use some updating but overall we were very happy with our dinner.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

On vancouver island for a vacation - first time in parksville - decided we needed to eat and feed the kids. Found the restaurant on the main strip - based on outside of building - wasn't sure what the experience would be like as it has a dated look. Plus the name made no sense in relation to the food.

We were greeted by the owner - nice lady - took her a while to figure out a way to accommodate us (we were 6) - didn't seem that busy - so wasn't sure what the issue was - but whatever not a big deal.

The restaurant is dated and old. Needs a major MAJOR reno - even has an old smell. Made our initial reaction uneasy as to the quality of the food. Got seated and looked through the menu which looks like its the same one they had since the 70's/80's.

Order a platter for 2 - plus some seafood linguini for the kids and the special. Food was great! Well seasoned, good amount of food, tasty and overall good quality. Service was good and relatively fast.

Overall - good food experience - but the place is need in a major reno as it effects peoples decision to know if the place is going to be good or not.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is the last time I will go to this restaurant. On entering the place smelt of mould or mildew or of old age. While the service was good, the owners being very welcoming, the food I received was awful. I had pork schnitzel. There were two large pieces cooked totally differently. I suspect they weren't prepared at the same time. I even had a worse idea. The one piece was so hard and tough I couldn't even get my knife into it. It was impossible to slice. I know this to be correct because the replacement meal, happily delivered I must say, was totally different. Friends of ours had other bad experiences their last three and final times. Sorry about this but I have to tell it as I see it.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We decided it was time for a Greek dinner and so we went to Cabernet's. The warm & welcoming hostess (owner) was very appreciated. Comfortable seating with ocean view was great. The kalamari was wonderful....cooked to perfection. The baclava was lovely. Both our waitress and owner checked with us that the music was at a good level and that our food was good. We'll be back!!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had arranged a romantic meal, sight unseen, at Cabernet's. When we pulled into the parking lot (free parking!), it looked like a horrible dive. We very nearly left, but agreed to at least poke our heads in the door. Very glad we did! The service was just enough and, to my delight, they had Retsina (a spruce resin Greek wine). The dolmades were by far my favourite, large servings, creamy, rice was perfectly done and the grape leaves weren't stringy. I wish I could get their recipe! The only disappointment was the baklava, which they bring in from an outside bakery, it was quite dry.

1  Thank JTF1911