“Great service”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Parksville
Vancouver, Canada
“Great service”
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We didn't stay at the resort but did dine there. The restaurant wasn't busy and our server (Dave) was great. I had the prime rib dinner with yorkshire pudding and it was delicious. My had the halibut and the accompanying scalloped potatoes were not quite up to snuff. However all in all we had a very pleasant experience and will definitely be returning

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SBroekhuizen, General Manager at Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear DanePeterson499,

Thank you very much for providing feedback about your experience at our restaurant. We are very fortunate to have amazing staff throughout our resort and I will personally inform Dave how much you enjoyed his service.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm Regards,

Shawna Broekhuizen
The Beach Club Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Korean first
Big Ego, BC
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Modern, newer than just about anything else. Room rate competitive with the tired resorts in the town. Used fitness centre. 1st day room was not supposed to be ocean view but on our balcony, we could see it easily. Elevator was down for me as well and after walking up 5 floors following a 1.5 hour workout, I was beat. I asked about the elevator, and hotel switched rooms for me to ocean front.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank ALowblow
Dear ALowblow,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our resort. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay even though our elevator went down temporarily, We are so glad that our Front Desk Team was able to relocate you to an ocean view room.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Warm Regards,

Shawna Broekhuizen
The Beach Club Resort
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I have a hard time understanding how an arguably lovely hotel can treat a seriously frequent traveller in a way that would make him feel that he was so very unimportant to them. I have experienced everything a hotel can do to alienate a guest, trust me here, but my two nights here left me speechless. (Good thing I can type) it started with a desk agent that wanted to argue with me over my question about a chair in the room. Continued through the elevator being shut down the next morning. On to my favorite part, no maid service for my room that day. I came back after a drive up-island to visit family only to come into a room that had not been touched at 8:50 pm. I just called the front desk and asked if there had been a problem and was told that I must have left my "Do not Disturb" card on the door. I turned and looked but there it was hanging inside my room where it had been for 2 days. I can go on. I am a peaceful person that is polite, even in the face of ill treatment. I went to bed and when I got up in the morning to check out, yup the elevator was shut down again. Bags down stairs to the front desk. More patronizing. In the end I told them that I felt forgotten and offering me a reduction in rate meant nothing to me. They were total amateurs when it comes to basic customer service. The worst thing is that this was my second attempt at staying in this hotel. I assumed that I could not have this type of experience twice in a row. I was wrong. Shame on me. When people show you who they are, believe them.

• Stayed November 2012
10 Thank Mikelgl
SBroekhuizen, General Manager at Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Mikelgl,
Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. I am truly sorry that you felt unimportant during your stay and that we did not live up to your expectations for luxury service that we are known for. We seemed to have failed from the beginning to the end of your stay and to top off we have a maintenance issue with the elevator in your area of the hotel.
There are no excuses for the housekeeping team not servicing your room as well as how our Front Desk Agent handled your phone call when it was brought to their attention. This was completely unwarranted and inappropriate. On your departure day you should have been offered bell service for your luggage and your concerns at both check in and checkout should have been handled in a more professional manner. Please know that your comment has been posted for all of our team members to see as we use guest comments as a training opportunity to improve staff responses especially during times when we are experiencing a maintenance issue that involves our elevators.
Again we are very sorry that both times you stayed with us you had an unsatisfactory experience. We hope that you will give us another try and let us reprove ourselves to you and show you the customer service we are known for. If you would like to discuss further please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.
Kindest Regards
S.Broekhuizen
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Weekend get away. This was a real surprise , the location was perfect and the room was incredible. We stayed 3 nights in a 1 bedroom suite with ocean view. We both agreed we would stay there again. The meal in the restaurant was great. We both had seafood , halibut and the salmon.
The pool , hot tub were very nice.

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th floor.
2 Thank Dale D
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The suite was large and clean, the kitchen was fully equipped, there was laundry service in the room and there was everything you would need for an extended stay. The fireplace was nice to have and the shower and tub were also very nice. The dinner we had in the restaurant was very good and had a very nice atmosphere. Room service was also very good and was delivered promptly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in one of the wings for a better view
1 Thank Mr_E5
Regina, Canada
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at the beach club the first week of November. The weather wasnt nice but the condo had nice big windows looking out at the ocean and a boardwalk. Turn on the fireplace, make a pot of coffee and enjoy the stay.
Friendly staff, nice pool , hot tub and gym.
Condo cooking utencils were a bit sparse but we made do. The restaurant was nice but pretty pricey and a bit of a limited menu. There is a place down the street called "Leftys" which we recommend.
Looks like Parksville is a nice town with nice golf courses near by.
Would love to have this condo in the summer. Very nice place.

1 Thank LeelowRegina_Canada
Oregon
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We booked an ocean view suite and were pleasantly surprised that we had a grand panoramic ocean view. The facility is new, luxurious and clean. Views are great and there is ready access to walking along the beach. Our suite ha a full kitchen, like an extended stay suite only so much better.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parksville
Oceanside Village Resort
#1 of 13 in Parksville
Tigh-Na-Mara Resort
Tigh-Na-Mara Resort
#4 of 13 in Parksville

Been to Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts? Share your experiences!