The unit I rented was very nice, fully kitted out, excellent for families, for those wanting a base to explore the area and those who prefer to cook themselves. You are only 10 minutes walking to beach (I cut through on the paths in the woods) and it is a very quiet and restful spot for a vacation, but the area itself, designated as resort developments, is not full-fledged resort. A meeting place, a central location with fire pits, would be nice to meet others vacationing in the area. There isn't really any spots to gather. A bike rental outfit, a few more food venues, a grocery store, etc., would be nice. You will have to head into town to pick up groceries and the rest. The units are nice, modern and tastefully decorated, but the cleaning was really not up to par (crumbs on the counters from the last guests??, some garbage and a dirty towel? It would also be nice to have extra garbage bags and a few cleaning supplies as NO maid service is provided. Don't count on reliable bandwidth either if you need to stay in touch online. All and all, a nice place to chill out. Don't stay in the cabins along the highway as they are noisy if you tend to spend time outdoors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanside Village is a convenient Parksville resort situated on a beautiful 15 acre property offering various styles/sizes of new cottages sleeping from 1-8 persons in Parksville's resort area. Each cottage boasts all the comforts of home, coming fully equipped with 6 appliances, 2-3 TV's, DVD players, large open concept rooms with vaulted ceilings and field stone fireplaces. Enjoy the outdoors on your front and back decks which come with patio furniture and your own BBQ. This unique development features thoughtfully designed luxury cottages within easy walking distance to nearby lush forest trails and miles of sandy beaches to explore Rathtrevor Provincial Park. Located within our Resort is an indoor pool with hot tub and fitness centre. Also a Day Spa & Salon, Tea/Coffee House & Clothing Boutique. Riptide Lagoon Adventure Park is located next door and our area also hosts four first class golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Oceanside Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanside Village Hotel Parksville
- Oceanside Village Resort Parksville, Vancouver Island