“Fantastic Food”

Ranked #7 of 96 Restaurants in Port Alberni
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

One of the best restaurants on the island. Huge portions and very reasonable prices. Seafood it super fresh and prepared perfectly. Even the salads and sides are to die for. I particularly love the croquete potatoes...I could eat a plate of those by themselves.

There are newer reviews for Clam Bucket Restaurant

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Seems like the food is predone or processed, I just found it gross, it's too bad because I like the location

1  Thank janinereal
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Very busy and popular restaurant in Port Alberni. Lots of locals there for lunch on a Saturday. We both ordered sandwiches with clam chowder. The chowder was very thick, with not too much seafood in evidence. The sandwiches were served on a choice of bread -we both chose ciabatta which was very fresh and good. My wife's chicken and Brie was a definite hit, but I was disappointed with my seafood. Service was very friendly and the servers really hustled, as there was a wait for tables. Not a bad choice for a tasty lunch.

1  Thank Rogerw303
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Recommended by Hotel and it proved to be great. Wife had the Oysters and I had a steak with Seafood. Very good quality and quantity with a great presentation. Server very helpful and seemed to enjoy her work.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

After hearing of this restaurant from a server at the "Blue Coyote" in Palm Springs, we thought we would give it a try so did a 100 kilometre return trip for an early dinner. I had the halibut fish and chips and they were like many in pubs everywhere. My companion had a chipotle salmon dinner which she said was pretty good. Servers were friendly and we got a bottle of wine quickly. Long wait until our order was taken, after that the server checked by 3 times to ask if everything was OK. Huge menu, almost too much to choose from. Restaurant was very cold, many patrons were wearing heavy winter coats, it did warm up as the place filled. Looks like a fun place to go for a burger in the summer as they have a patio across from the ocean. A lot of selections on the menu were pricy for the location...$23.00 pasta dishes....

1  Thank Edward C