“They claim to have the best Donuts on Vancouver Island ... True!”
Review of The Donut Shop

The Donut Shop
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Port Alberni
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My wife and I dropped in for a little snack after riding the historic "Alberni Pacific Steam Train". The shop is quite plain. They offer soups, sandwiches and, of course, fresh donuts. They are cake donuts that are freshly made right there on site and and are topped with a large assortment of goodies. They reminded us of the bags of mini donuts we have enjoyed over the years at Fall Fairs. The Donut Shop was a pleasant tasty find. Bring cash, they don't do debit or credit.

1  Thank Cashman777

Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is the best place to get donuts by far! Way better than Tim Hortons, and locally made. A great place to get a donut and eat it outside or inside the place to talk to locals. Great view too. Lots of variety, from traditional to cool toppings. Cash only.

1  Thank Ryan051
Reviewed April 20, 2012

This place was recommended to me by some co-workers so I detoured from my usual route through Port Alberni to Ucluelet to check it out. I normally just hit up the Timmy's on my way through Port Alberni, but I'm glad that I deviated from routine to try something new. I wouldn't say that these are traditional cake donuts. They LOOK like cake donuts, but taste more like crullers. They're light and fluffy, but topped with all kinds of glazes, nuts and sprinkles, much like a cake donut. I bought a dozen donuts and 24 hours later they're still soft and fluffy. The only drawback to this place is that they only take cash. A dozen donuts will cost you $6.99 so be prepared with the appropiate cash!

1  Thank Skirrowr
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I had heard all about this place when we 1st moved here and so just had to go check it out.... I was disappointed to find out they only have the cake variety..... They were good and freshly made but I'd like to have a better selection....

Reviewed February 24, 2012

The donuts are always yummy!!! Love the location down at the Harbour Quay.

1  Thank Laker1234