“Affordable & Delicious”

Boomerangs Cafe
Ranked #2 of 95 Restaurants in Port Alberni
Cuisines: American, Australian, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: #1 Voted Best Breakfast, Sunday Brunch, Lunch, Casual Dining in Port Alberni, BC. Fully Licensed patio. Free WIFI. Free Delivery.
“Affordable & Delicious”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

First time visit and we live here! Now we are hooked. $12.95 for lunch for 2- the veryyyy best roasted butternut squash soup I have ever tasted & a grilled pastrami & swiss sandwich that was divine. Excellent value, the restaurant is immaculate & very charming & our service was great. The lunch menu had something for everyone and the dinner menu looks terrific. We'll be back for sure. Don't miss this one if you are in Port Alberni.

• Visited December 2013

“Terrific!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Service, atmosphere, food were all great when we visited Boomerangs for a quick dinner. We enjoyed the spicy soup of the day and hummus and pita appetizer we started with. The wine selection is limited, but what is offered is quite good.
My husband and I both ordered the daily special which was a very nice curry and chorizo sausage over basmati rice. The menu includes quite a selection of traditional Australian fare, like stuffed Yorkshire and shepherds pie along with some more unique selections.
Service was fast friendly and efficient. I'll definitely be going back!

Visited December 2013
“Excellant place to eat”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Food was great, staff were awesome, decore was very nice, easy to find and lots of free parking, great place to stop.

• Visited December 2013
Boomerangs_Cafe, Owner at Boomerangs Cafe, responded to this review, January 3, 2015
Thx for taking the time to review our restaurant, I'm glad you enjoyed your visit.

Cheers

Darren
Port Alberni
“poached egg heaven”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I go to boomerangs quite often for breakfast. The chef is the only chef in Port that knows how to properly cook poached eggs medium.

• Visited October 2013
Thx Dave
“Just some advice”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Just a few things.... I have been there twice now since it has been re owned and for lunch I was very impressed! It was good. We went there the other morning for breakfast and was disappointed. A few things I want you to know... Our server for one was wearing yoga lulu lemon pants.. Her shirt was also riding up as she was taking my family's order showing her belly... Her hair was down and as a server I believe servers should have there hair at least half back(out of our faces right?) we didn't get coffee refills at all we had to ask twice... The food was good and warm but my our eggs were all over cooked. Which I didn't mind so much because they were still delicious. These are just some things I wanted to share because its a great place with great potential, just a few things needed to be "cleaned up". We will be back again though!

Visited October 2013
Thank you for pointing out the things we need to improve on. We appreciate all feedback and while we would prefer it all to be good, its nice to know what needs fixing too.

Cheers