“Great hotdog and pulled chicken”

Homestead Cookhouse
Ranked #11 of 98 Restaurants in Port Alberni
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Only the best is good enough for our customers and friends! Hamburgers are made with AAA black angus reserve beef.One of very few establishments that offer BC Bison on their menu. Slow smoked, pulled Pork, Brisket and Chicken. Very popular menu items are really tasty. Homestead is for busy people who want great fast food. Custom meals, Gluten free and meat free options.
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We had a fun takeout meal from the Homestead Cookhouse. I had the cheesy smoked bacon hot dog and my husband had the pulled chicken sandwich with potato salad. We completely enjoyed our mega messy meals!

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

And the service they do is amazing! It's so tasty, quick, and lovely ladies! If you're passing through stop buy some food and enjoy!

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Located at the harbour quay
Owner operated Joan & john
We ordered two sandwiches, brisket and smoked sandwiches served on ciabatta buns.....highly recommend this establishment and wish port Alberni had more of these family run companies to offer travellers and locals
Thankyou Joan
It was a pleasure meeting you

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I have had the pulled pork and the smoked brisket sandwich before but today I had the pulled chicken club and it was the best sandwich I have ever had! Seriously! It was light and flavourful. I think I may have to have another one tomorrow!! If you are in Port Alberni, this is the place to stop and have lunch. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Take the time and drive down to #10 Harbour Quay, Port Alberni.......you will be rewarded with the best take out you have tasted ! Then slip over to a sheltered little room and enjoy! Our grand daughter sent us for a hot dog and now we are going to drive the 1 hour drive just to sample the brisket and pulled pork......this is a time I wish I lived in Port Alberni. Do not miss this opportunity for mouth watering food made with such care !