We booked this hotel on the basis that most of the accomodation in Vancouver Island is of the self catering/holiday camp variety and therefore uneconomical for couples- also for its cental location.
I found plenty of parking space, helpful and courteous desk staff and a bright,spacious room with good views over the mountains. We only used the restauarant for breakfast and the bar not at all but the facilities were there if required. The breakfasts were tasty with generous portions and I had a decent light meal from room service although it was a little slow in arriving.
Port Alberni is small town and there are shops and restataurants within a few minutes walk and a liqor store next door to the hotel if you lack the energy to go to the bar. Overall the Barclay is one a few full amenity hotels in the central Vancouver Island area and there is lots to see and do in the region.
I would recommend it as a base to expolore that part of the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Barclay an exceptional Port Alberni hotel on Vancouver Island, BC. Come be our guest in Port Alberni and enjoy a leisurely stay in warm, comfortable accommodations with tasteful décor. We are located 50 miles (80km) northwest of Nanaimo and is the midway point on Highway 4 to Vancouver Island’s West Coast. Situated in a valley surrounded by mountains and water, Port Alberni's beauty is breathtaking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Best Western, Travelocity, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Plus Barclay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Port Alberni
- Port Alberni Best Western