The Barclay hotel was clean and comfortable, with friendly, quick check-in and two restaurant choices. (Both of which were fair)
The room was spacious, with a seperate sitting room in a two queen room at a good price. There was an odd incident of someone draping sheets out of heir window above us, however the staff took care of it as soon as I notified them of the shenanigans overhead.
Despite the overhead oddity, noise was kept to a minimum for our one night stay.
Beds were comfotable and linens good.
The pool looked adequate-outdoors-although it is partially visible from the restaurant and I wouldn't want to de dinner entertainment while swimming.
For drinkers, a liquor store is located in the building.
Overall, I rate this as a good experience and would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Barclay an exceptional Port Alberni hotel on Vancouver Island, BC. Come be our guest in Port Alberni and enjoy a leisurely stay in warm, comfortable accommodations with tasteful décor. We are located 50 miles (80km) northwest of Nanaimo and is the midway point on Highway 4 to Vancouver Island’s West Coast. Situated in a valley surrounded by mountains and water, Port Alberni's beauty is breathtaking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Best Western, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Barclay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Port Alberni
- Port Alberni Best Western