We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We had 2rooms on the 4 th floor. The room was reasonably clean but I felt that the service did not pay enough attention to details. There were some notes left in the room from the previous guest. Also on second day when they arranged the room they left pillows here and there on the bed- looked like they rushed out of the room in the middle of the setup. The Room did not have refrigerator or safe or microwave only a coffee machine and an older TV. We had lunch in the stamps cafe which was good but the Sunday morning buffet was extremely over priced and was even lacking basic choices. They charged extra for coffee, milk and juice. The staff were nice and friendly. We felt the hotel was OK as a 2 star or perhaps one and half, not really one you pay $140 a night for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Barclay an exceptional Port Alberni hotel on Vancouver Island, BC. Come be our guest in Port Alberni and enjoy a leisurely stay in warm, comfortable accommodations with tasteful décor. We are located 50 miles (80km) northwest of Nanaimo and is the midway point on Highway 4 to Vancouver Island’s West Coast. Situated in a valley surrounded by mountains and water, Port Alberni's beauty is breathtaking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Best Western, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Barclay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Port Alberni
- Port Alberni Best Western