“I'd like to, but can't recommend this restaurant”
Review of Pescadores Bistro

Pescadores Bistro
Ranked #4 of 95 Restaurants in Port Alberni
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A favorite in Port Alberni, British Columbia, Pescadores Bistro offers a unique menu boasting a wide range of dishes sure to satisfy the most simplistic or adventurous pallet. Our award-winning menu offers fresh, seasonal ingredients sourced locally from the Alberni Valley. Farm fresh veggies, local meats and Pacific Rim seafood are all on the seasonal menus. We also have plenty of healthy, low-fat, vegan and gluten free options available.
Victoria, Canada
“I'd like to, but can't recommend this restaurant”
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Friendly and professional service. Nice presentation. Huge portions. Some creative meal choices. But I have to give it a poor rating because despite its appearance, I suspect that something is wrong behind the scenes. The food doesn't always taste fresh, and even made me sick to my stomach on my last visit. Has the food gone bad? Is it poor quality? I don't know...but something isn't quite right at Pescadores.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Maggie D

Victoria, Canada
“Good eats”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

By far the best fish tacos I've ever eaton. Friendly staff and fair price. We sat outside and were worried it would be windy but were surprised how wind proof it was. A treat when we come to port alberni

Fort McMurray, Canada
“Great food and service”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Had the fish tacos, they were great and the service was great. The décor is Mexican. Warm, cozy and very clean. I had a Blue Lemonade. It was very good.

• Visited September 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Clam Chowder to die for.”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Not a word of a lie, better clam chowder than I could make and I am a 30 year chef. My wife and I are lucky we only ordered the bowls of soup and nothing more as it was totally satisfying.

Visited September 2013
“Great place to eat!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We happened on this place on our way to the left coast. My wife had the newyork steak and eggs and the seak was perfectly done. I had the everything plate and it was more than I could eat! Awesome food, awesome portion sizes. Great value! The lady serving us told of a place to watch the salmon runs and that was right as well.

• Visited September 2013