“Friendly service, good food, great location”
Review of The Pantry Restaurants - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Pantry Restaurants
Cuisines: American
Port Alberni, Canada
“Friendly service, good food, great location”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We always eat here when we stay at the attached Poco Inn and Suites! great lunch and breakfast place with fun, friendly staff.

Visited June 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“A very good weekend breakfast option with the best oatmeal around!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have been going to The Pantry ,for breakfast only, on weekends for quite a while now for 1 simple reason only: their Irish steel cut oatmeal. This has to be the best around. The actual place is quite small and the service I have to say is quite bad (really slooooooooow) but their breakfast options are all good and inexpensive. My two daughters (7 and 5) love going there. My wife hates it because of the poor service but she agrees that their breakfasts will counter it.

If you're someone who's looking for an economical place to have a quick breakfast to start your weekend you won't be disappointed. This is certainly NOT the place to have an after-breakfast conversation to enjoy the place but rather a "touch 'n' go" spot to eat nice.

• Visited June 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“My favorites were the desserts”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The pantry its part of the PoCo inn hotel and it has a not so big menu. We tried the hamburgers, not good, the fries were soggy and cold. Also I tried the chicken quesadilla and it was good. The Cesar salad with the dressing was very good. Also we tried two different types of soup and both were good. My favorites were the desserts, the apple crumble was very good and the red velvet cake was not too bad.
The service is very good, all the people is nice and the food came out very fast

Visited May 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

excellent food, service and convenient location just beside the hotel...
would go back there anytime :)

Visited April 2013
1 Thank VladPereira
“Who Knew”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Who knew a regular chain restaurant could be so good. Too lazy to cook. Mid week casual dinner for two. Dropped into our local Pantry restaurant for a quick bite to eat. Wasn't really expecting much but I was very pleasantly surprised. First, our server Patty was wonderful. You couldn't find better service in a high end restaurant downtown. She was very helpful, pleasant and enjoyable and I would go back just because of her.

They had a mid week dinner deal on for 10.99 so we had that. My husband had a roast beef dinner with mashed potatoes and grilled veggies. He said it was very good. Nice quantity of shaved beef.

I had a BLT with fries. Both meals came with soup or salad and dessert. I had a very refreshing salad with mixed greens, dried cranberries and almonds and my hd had the soup. Both were very tasty. Then she brought us a little side of fresh veggies and dip to share. Nice touch.

For dessert we had apple crumble with vanilla ice cream. All that for 10.99 each. Not bad for a quick mid week dinner. Plus when she brought the bill she included a coupon for us to use the next time we come.

Overall, a very enjoyable dinner from start to finish and again the service... Excellent. We will be back.

• Visited April 2013