“A Dam good time everytime!”

The Giggle Dam Dinner Theatre
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Since 2001 ‘The DAM’ has been the best kept entertainment secret in the Lower Mainland. Think of Saturday Night Live ... with DINNER. Think of a rock concert ... with DINNER. Think of a mind-blowing, 4-hour blend of politically incorrect, interactive LIVE musical comedy, an eight-piece LIVE show band and LIVE Vegas-worthy celebrity impersonations...with DINNER. We’re different. We’re the only one. We have way too much fun. We are the best entertainment value in town. You should join us!
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
“A Dam good time everytime!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The best place to go for stags/staggettes and birthdays! The staff is awesome! They really take the time to get to know ALL the guests - which is incredible since there's hundreds of people there. It sounds big, but there's not a bad seat in the house! Every show is seriously so funny that my cheeks always hurt from smiling so much by the end of the night!

Visited March 2013
Sheila S, Owner at The Giggle Dam Dinner Theatre, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thanks so much, Nicole! We are DEFINITELY in Stag/Stagette season right now and it's awesome to see all these ladies dressing up with the theme of the show. Can't wait to entertain you again!

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dam Good Show, Dam Good Drinks”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We had a fairly large group to celebrate my fiances 30th Birthday last Friday. I had been to the giggle dam before for work Christmas parties and other group events. This venue never disappoints. The skill all the staff have for remembering names is uncanny. And after a night drinking the dam drinks I have trouble remembering my own let alone the other 100 or so people attending the show. Food is well above average for what you pay, regardless of what other reviews say. Really $55.00 to go to any pub restaurant and get shared nachos, a bowl of soup, an entre (my Canneloni was awesom) and a dessert is a hard to come by. Now you add in the entertainment, how can you go wrong for that.... You simply can't. As for the humor aspect, our group consisted of friends in their 20's to late 30's and family from 50's to 70's and everyone was entertained and enjoyed themselves. Great venue, good food, and Dam great staff.
Don't hesitate if you have never gone. Great fun

Visited May 2013
Sheila S, Front Office Manager at The Giggle Dam Dinner Theatre, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
How fantastic that you had such a great time! We can't thank you enough for taking the time to write this great review, and hopefully we'll see you back for the summer show!

Delta, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A DEFINITE RETURN IF YOU LOVE GREAT FOOD AND LAUGHING”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I were searching for some fun comedy dinner theatre type fun and came across the Giggle Dam. As most places we attend, I try to read reviews to get an idea, but do not base our decision on someone else. Unless every review is beyond awful. Mixed reviews, I always give it a go. We attended last evening May 4, and were so glad we did. We read about ok food, bad service, tipping standards etc. I just want to share our experience, and let folks know that if you like to have fun, don't miss out. It's Terrific!
When you arrive, you are seated and your fun evening begins right away. We had a few DAM drinks..triples - cheaper if you plan on having 3 or more. (maybe 1 too many FOR ME, but delicious) believe me not watered down, unless you drink straight hooch daily and cant taste alcohol.
You are served appie with chips and beaver dip - very tasty.
Soup was tomato bisque, and that was nothing spectacular, but ok. The meal choices give everyone an option. I had chicken in wine sauce, and my hubby had steak. ( I don't eat steak, and had several bites of his and it was tender, cooked perfect and very tasty) May be my next choice actually. Dessert, was chocolate cherry mousse, ( I don't eat chocolate so can't comment but hubby enjoyed it).. Maybe an alternate option for dessert might be warranted for those who do not eat chocolate.
The show is audience interactive and so funny. The staff and crew interact and perform. This group works insanely hard and go up and down those stairs with food service like the wind. We sat in the mezzanine, which is top floor, on bar stool seats/bar counter with plenty of room and prefer that seating actually as the overview is great. The staff comes around and meets you,and they do not forget your name, and reference folks in the audience thruout the show. So if your are a stick in the mud, - you might have to laugh or get targeted :) . KIDDING..The show is family oriented, with no bad language, but does have many references to adult material so expect it.
The first part of the show the actors/entertainers do skits, similar to a Sat Night Live idea. The end part of the show is music oriented and MAN can the group perform.
When you book the evening- you prepay for your dinner/show and just pay for your drinks and/or anything you may purchase at the theater. You do receive a bill with a "suggested tip" You do NOT have to pay this tip, but it calculates the tip based on your meal, and your drink service (which is MORE THAN FAIR). If you go out for dinner, and your service was very good, you tip on the food and drink service. I think folks who come in and expect to only tip based on that evenings purchases, and do not want to tip on your food because you prepaid it- is ridiculous. You still had your server, bring you food, in 4 sections, pick up your plates and be readily available to get you what you need. That is what you tip on...and should We did receive our bill with a suggested tip, and actually surpassed the amount by a bit, as it was well deserved.. All in all we had a terrific evening, laughed all night and then thoroughly enjoyed the music portion of the show. Will we return, absolutely, and plan to attend with our family, and will suggest friends also attend. Thinking we will plan to attend the theater each time a show changes and it will become part of our schedule. Show changes in June and we will be back. BRAVO GIGGLE DAM and thank you for a wonderful evening. Folks, give it a fair shake if you like to have fun. bottom line... :) Show all ages and popular for stags and stagettes, we saw 2 last night and what fun they had.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank cyndeeP
Sheila S, Owner at The Giggle Dam Dinner Theatre, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Cyndee, thank you so much for such a thorough and wonderful review! We are thrilled that you'll be bringing your family and friends back to see us, and it is truly our pleasure to welcome you into our fold of fantastically dedicated repeat customers. I'll definitely pass on a recommendation to Chef Pieter about offering a possible alternative for those who may not enjoy chocolate. Sincere thanks for all of your glowing comments about the show and the food overall - I'll be sharing your review with the staff. Cant wait to see you again!

Tsawwassen, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Once is enough”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I went to the Giggle Dam with a stagette party. Having never been and not knowing anyone who has ever been I had no idea what to expect, however I really enjoy stand up comedy and live shows so I was hopeful. The show itself was just okay. There were a couple parts that made me chuckle but overall it just wasn't very entertaining. The performers are incredibly talented, that much is clear but the skits they performed were not very funny (to me). There were plenty of people who seemed to enjoy it but I also noticed others like me who didn't seem entertained.
The food on the other hand was delicious. I had the steak. I'm a little surprised that people on here would complain so deeply about the food (mostly the steak). My husband grills an amazing steak and we eat at the Keg so I know what a good steak tastes like. The steak at giggle dam was very good, in fact I enjoyed the whole meal.
I felt like the staff worked hard, the meals came quickly and everyone seemed to work well as a team and were very organized. Sadly, that's not enough to make me return. There are plenty of places closer to home where I can get a good meal. The entertainment just wasn't funny enough for me go back. Had I had brought my own vehicle I probably would have left early.

Visited April 2013
Sheila S, Owner at The Giggle Dam Dinner Theatre, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
What a wonderfully objective review! I'm so glad you enjoyed the food, we'll be sure to pass on the compliments to Chef Pieter and his crew. We're also grateful that you recognized our fantastic team, that was very gracious of you, and I will definitely pass on your kind words. I hope others in your group had a positive experience, and if you'd like to give us another shot when we change shows (June 2013), we'd love another opportunity to win you over. But even if not, best of luck to you and warmest regards!

Vancouver, Canada
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 219 helpful votes
“Agonizing and Embarrassing”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

OK the food was somewhat edible, and the singing was pretty good but the volume was way too much - I'm not a old folk either. But......

When all you have is jokes about pedophiles, flatulence, drugs and humping you surely have to know that you have no comedy talent and no sense of humour? What is wrong with this place? How low class can you possibly get? There's lower class humor that can be funny, then there's very low class humor, then there's Andrew Dice Clay humour(remember him ? - ew) and then there's this place. Old, Dirty, and reminiscent of a thrift store (the smell included). I wanted to burn my money and bolt but I was with a BD party. I did retreat to the ladies room when Elvis unloaded on the old lady - I was too embarrased for her and the staff. OMG! There was a party from Denmark near us and I felt SOOO embarrassed that this place existed in my country. Seriously. They just sat there stone faced as did most of the sober people. This show honestly must be written by 14 year old zit faced boys.

I too found it odd( against the protestations of the owner) that an "antipasto" plate would be served. Look at your clientelle. If you want people who laugh at your low class, low brow, unfunny jokes, then serve them the type of food they want - chips and salsa and beer and chichis. They'll come in and chow it down after they all pile back in the place reeking of smoke. Gross. If you want the type of people who like your "anitpasto" then have classy entertainment and witty performers and nice wine. It;s not rocket science. Providing a mish mash of messages does nothing for your busineses nor your clients. I also might suggest your peruse your audience for a "meat cutter" - I'm sure there will be one out there, and ask if what you call steak is actually "steak". Why do people fall for this stuff? I can't open a restaurant and put fois gras on the menu but serve liverwurst. It's illegal and everyone would complain. Maybe everyone was too drunk by the time dinner was served to notice.

Please do not ever make me go here again. I even cross to the other side of the street if I have to walk by the place. They have applied for a liqour primary licence meaning they would be more like a bar - then every drunk from Maple Ridge and beyond can pile in and they wouldn't have to worry about the mediocre food. Call the cops.......just sayin.

I also find it very pathetic how the owner has to get on here and write a rebuttal to every negative review - often longer than the review itself! Me thinks thou duth protest too much. Every rebuttal is like "oh well we like it - it' s not your cup of tea." Very school yard. We know you like it. I have written many reviews here and never seen any owner so desparate to "dispel the myth". Hmm. I've been there and have no stake in it. Who would I believe?

Visited March 2013
5 Thank coffeechik
Oh my. I'll keep it short :)

I hope your day brightens up, that you find some time to breathe and that something gives you a reason to smile!