“Wonderful night at the Giggle Dam! Thank you.”

The Giggle Dam Dinner Theatre
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Since 2001 ‘The DAM’ has been the best kept entertainment secret in the Lower Mainland. Think of Saturday Night Live ... with DINNER. Think of a rock concert ... with DINNER. Think of a mind-blowing, 4-hour blend of politically incorrect, interactive LIVE musical comedy, an eight-piece LIVE show band and LIVE Vegas-worthy celebrity impersonations...with DINNER. We’re different. We’re the only one. We have way too much fun. We are the best entertainment value in town. You should join us!
Surrey, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful night at the Giggle Dam! Thank you.”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My Partner and I recently went to the Giggle Dam and saw the 'Spinning the 80's' performance on January 11th, 2013. Our night was filled with chuckles and warm laughs from the time we stepped foot in the door, until the time we left. It was our first time to the Giggle Dam and we didn't know what we were in for. We were quite impressed by the live/local talent. I was amazed at how well these folks could mimic the 80's pop stars and culture. I thought it was more unique and well planned than many of the shows that I seen in Vegas (such as Mama Mia and Greece to name a few). I thought the ambiance was incredible, the crowd was very supportive and I loved the seating arrangements, you got to connect and make new aquaintences which was really awesome. I liked how you got to chose your meal selection and that your dinner came with a starter and dessert. My only suggestion for the meal part is to include something that contains chocolate for desert for the ladies in the house. Other than that everything else was very delicious and decent portions. . The Giggle Dam has amazing customer service and every single staff member went out of their way to make sure we were well looked after. We will definitely come back and recommend this venue to our friends and family as well as our out of town guests.
Thank you, Giggle Dam for the lovely evening and we will be back to see your new shows! Looking forward to finding out more information about the comedy boat cruise as well. That sounds like a fun time!
Warmest regards

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Melany H

Coquitlam, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A DAM WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Was disappointment!! I thought it would be good my friend said she loved it but the food was very cheap and not done well. I had read some reviews before and thought they were harsh but they were right. The New York did look and taste like roast beef.Being in theater and thought it would be alot of fun. Horrible food!!! They actually made a joke about the keg saying they dont give a [--] anymore....I have never tasted worse steak in my life. I would much rather have steak and lobster for $40 then that "four" course meal. The chicken was not cooked very well was baked but with no color or flavor.If you dont know much about food then you would be maybe happy. The jokes were all dumb no smart humour it was good just for something different to go to.Hopefully maybe the people running it will get it together a put some money and time in the food and get some new jokes ...Then maybe i would go back.. Would rather go to a comedy show. They most just up sell there gross food and over priced drinks.Had good singing voices.

2 Thank HEAT r
Vancouver
“Was good for a select crowd”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

It's not easy to find old school dinner theatres anymore. It brought me back to times where Ed Sillivan existed, which is nice. The talent is amazing-Gorgeous voices.I love their finale song on Canada as well and the girls harmonized very well, it was beautiful.

Now, the humour wouldn't be for everyone so keep that in mind as parts of the show rely on exaggerated sexual actions/humour to be funny... and we aren't talking young stud actors here. So, if you don't usually like sexual humour then you probably should go to Disney on Ice instead.

I'd like to see more incoporation of old music & theatre into the show, (they had some but even more would be great) as I think this would be the selling feature as it's completely missing in Vancouver and elsewhere.

And I thought the food was great, it seemed endless... I was very full. Soup was excellent. Unlike the other review, I liked the appy and thought it was very classy ( personally, I think nachos and salsa seem cheap for a dinner theatre).

Overall, it was very good considering we don't have anything like this in Vancouver or elsewhere... Obviously not Vegas, but close to a Reno style show. Thumbs up.

Mission
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“We went as a big group...”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

At first it was a little overwhelming all the actors coming to the table in character but once we started eating the awesome food (except for the weird creamy jelly like dessert lol) and had a few drinks we relaxed and the entertainment was very very funny. I was honestly scared that I would get pulled on stage because they remember everyone by name and they just call you up randomly. Our server was very sweet and great at keeping up with us. The only problem that we had was that we all started to feel our drinks before at the end but there was still a few minutes left, one of the ladies that worked there told us to hush up. Not her fault at all but no one likes to be told to be quiet when you are having a perfectly good time :) All in all though I would go again in a heartbeat and enjoyed myself thoroughly. The actors were all very good and at the end they came out of character and sang some pretty good songs too.

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A fun night with good food and show.”
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Have been going to since it opened.Love the shows try to catch them all.Met some newbies tonight didn't take long before they were into it.Lots of laughs,good food.Have felt lice family since first visit. Been. On stage a few times had A ball.This is a must go place.