“Excellent Room and Service”

Poco Inn & Suites Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Port Coquitlam
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I spent last Saturday night at this hotel because he had an early, 7am (Sunday) morning National Licensing exam at nearby Douglas College. The hotel is only 10 minutes from the college. I had booked a standard queen bed room via Expedia and upon check in asked the receptionist for a quiet room if possible. Not only did she (I believe her name is Leia) find us a quiet room, she also upgraded our room to a king bed business class room at no additional charge.

The room was very quiet, no outside noise and no loud air conditioning/heating unit cranking on and off which is usually what happens in a lot of hotels. The room was very clean and the bed was super comfortable. My husband got a great night's sleep and was well rested for his exam.

We had a couple of drinks and a sandwich in the bar, food was quite good (prices are reasonable) and the server was fast and courteous. All in all, this hotel far exceeded my expectations and I would definitely return.

Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Fay G

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Spent 5 nites at Poco. Nice small hotel, with reasonable sized room and a nice TV. Hotel doesnt have much facilities, but it is within a short driving distance to amenities. Room and hotels are fairly new and well kept, with a small gym and spa.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Got lost finding hotel,called them and they told me how to get to hotel via streets and landmarks. Parking with own path front door sans speed bumps.
Greeted at the front desk was directed to a counter that was comfortable for me to fill out paperwork. Carried luggage for me.
Laptop table/cushion on the bed ,bathroom had proper grab bars.
Also had I left clean towels on transfer bench so I could reach them and found more clean towels there that evening left by the house keeping staff.
If this could be a downside the carpet was very plush hard to maneuver over with wheelchair.

Room Tip: Call hotel directly to discuss your needs for independent transfer and access.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I booked this hotel 6 wks in advance thru booking.com which I will never use again - my booking was cancelled due to a credit card problem and apparently the hotel had no way of contacting me. I showed up with my 90 year old parents for a family wedding, only to be told we had no rooms. After some intervention by the manager, and despite the fact the hotel was very booked, we ended up with 2 rooms for the 2 nights we needed! The staff was helpful and friendly and the manager insisted on carrying my parents' luggage to their room. The Pantry restaurant which is attached to the hotel had lovely food, great service and staff who remembered you from one day to the next. The lounge was very nice as well. All in all, a superb experience that could have been absolutely disastrous! BTW this hotel is also dog friendly. Do yourself a favor and book directly with the hotel! It has been completely redone decor wise and is very modern and attactive.

Room Tip: There are 2 buildings. The one separate from the lobby has 2 floors but no elevator, so if you have...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cmnarles
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed in one of your business rooms. Everything was lovely. The spacious rooms were clean and well decorated. The internet was fast and I had no problem signing on. The service at the front desk was friendly and professional. Thank you to everyone for making our stay relaxing, so that we could accomplish our business meeting rested and well organized.

From James and Tracy

Room Tip: They have themed rooms and business rooms, as well as a room for your family, so tell them what you...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JamesandTracy
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We had 60 of our out of town guests stay at the Poco Inn. I found the staff very easy to work with and very accommodating. They were glad to help in any way they could and agreed to every request I had. I did not get one complaint from any of my guests and everyone that spoke to me about the Poco Inn said it was a beautiful Hotel and they loved all the renovations. Poco Inn offers a shuttle bus to and from your event. This is a wonderful feature which allows your guests to enjoy your event to it's fullest. Everyone raved about this service! All in all a perfect hotel which only complimented our event and I would recommend staying here to anyone who asks me. Thank you to the Poco Inn for everything they did to make our event a success.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a wedding that we have to attend at the Westwood Plateau Golf Course. We were very happy with the service. The rooms are spacious, nice furniture, very comfortable beds. We were very happy to know that they have a shuttle service to the Golf Course.The lobby area has a very elegant decor.

Room Tip: Our room was excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ramada Coquitlam
#4 of 4 in Coquitlam
Best Western Chelsea Inn
#3 of 4 in Coquitlam

Been to Poco Inn & Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!