“Great staff, clean rooms! ”

Sandman Inn - Princeton
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights here after my Mom passed away in Princeton. The Manager was so nice she made my stay much easier. The Restaurant staff was great and so was the food. They have a good Breakfast special. My room was warm and cleaned everyday. I will stay here any time im back in Princeton!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank SBH1234
sandmanprinceton, Manager at Sandman Inn - Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

I appreciate the time you took to write this review as I know this was a very trying time for you. Our staff as well as myself were happy to provide a clean room and a sympathetic ear for you.
The breakfast special in our restaurant is very popular with locals and guests alike.
I hope you are doing well and invite you to return to Princeton under much better circumstances.
Judy

There are newer reviews for Sandman Inn - Princeton

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Our stay at this hotel was fine. The room was clean but small although it was just my son and I so it worked for us - even the double beds - which were super comfy. I know it wasn't great for other families who brought spouses & siblings. We were on the second floor and they only had stairs so it was a bit awkward lugging the suitcase and the hockey bag up the stairs - had I known I would have booked a main floor room. The bathroom was super small with the door just making it past the toilet when you opened it and the sink was across the entry way with little counter space. The fridge and microwave were nice to have so we could make one breakfast in there. The on site restaurant was Awesome! they handled the hockey team as good as any place I have seen and the Greek food was superb!! especially the donair. We would probably stay there again as the selection in Princeton isn't great. New bedding (sheets were awesome but blanket and bedspread need replacing), bigger washroom and an actual closet would bring the rating up to a 4.

Room Tip: check the sizes of the beds - unless a double bed works for you
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
sandmanprinceton, Manager at Sandman Inn - Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay, our super comfy beds, the new bedding and our restaurant. Most of our rooms have 2 double beds but we have a few that have 2 queen beds for those who request them. We also have main floor rooms for those who have trouble with stairs. I am sorry that you were in the only room that has a separated bathroom as it just happens to be on the side of the laundry shoot.
Thank you for your time in posting this review. It provides other potential guests with questions to ask when making a reservation.
We look forward to your hockey team staying with us next year.
Judy

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed there recently, Staff more than accommodating for reservations, had to make change a few days before.

Upon arrival the room was HOT! Thermostat said 20 but more like 30! Turned way down but still very warm. Others complained about it as well. Rooms are fine but could use some refreshing. Very dark.

Fell ill while there (not hotels fault) but asked for later checkout (2 hours). I was told I could have until 12. It was a Sunday and the place was emptying fast. Thought it was a bit unreasonable but too tired to argue. Checked out at noon.

Hotel is one of the better looking ones in Princeton but nothing special. Might go look at others if we return. :(

Room Tip: Back side probably quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
sandmanprinceton, Manager at Sandman Inn - Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

I am sorry that your stay was not as pleasant as it could have been. I believe that another time with us would be more to your liking. I understand that when you are not well, everything else seems to creep up on you to make things worse. We try and keep the rooms comfortably warm in the winter for all our guests. We experienced a sudden unusually warm few days and all the rooms seemed to get too warm. As for the late check out, I am sorry that we could not accommodate later than 12 noon. We had 2 hockey teams checking out and basketball teams checking in. We had many requests for late checkouts and early check ins that had to be managed. Plus get the rooms cleaned between. As for the rooms being dark, we have at least 3 lamps in each room as well as overhead lights. Once the drapes are pulled open most guests find adequate lighting. I thank you for your time in writing this review and hope you do return for another stay with us.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Once again we had the opportunity of staying at the Sandman Inn, Princeton, BC. Once again we cannot fault the service, cleanliness and welcome we received.

We celebrated my wife's 80 Birthday with gusto.

We only stayed over night as usual however we would recommend this property to anyone passing through the area.

We also had a great time photographing the various sights in the old town of Princeton.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gerald M
sandmanprinceton, Manager at Sandman Inn - Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

“Thank you again for posting another review. We are happy you return several times a year to stay with us. Your comments are important to us and we use them to evaluate our Inn for possible upgrades and improvements. We look forward to seeing you and your wife on your next trip through Princeton.”

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Late night drive and the Sandman stayed up a bit late to get us the last room and extra blankets with a smile. Simple inexpensive breakfast was lovely as well. I can't tell you how good the service was at every turn. Great small town charm.

• Stayed: September 2013

“Thank you for posting your review, we appreciate your taking the time to do so. Our staff works hard to provide you with the best possible accommodations for the most reasonable rates. We are happy that you found our Inn to be clean and comfortable and hope to see you during your next trip through Princeton with the extra blankets if needed"

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Booked this hotel as a stop over for the night on the way home to Victoria, BC. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff were very friendly. We also had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant which is attached to the hotel. I believe it is a family run business and the food in the restaurant was very nice as well as being reasonably priced. We had an enjoyable time exploring Princeton as well as we had never taken that route before. The Similkameen Valley is worth driving through. It is beautiful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

"Thank you for taking the time to post a response. We pride ourselves on providing excellence in customer services exceeding guest expectations. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoyed our community. We look forward to serving you and your family in the future."

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The colourful hanging flower baskets are the first clue that this older property is very well maintained. Phone reservation and check-in were the friendliest I've ever had. The metal key was a flashback in time. Most (if not all) rooms are entered through the outside of this motel. The doors have chains but no deadbolts, however, I never felt unsafe.

The rooms were slightly small but newly furnished. HDTV, jumbo-size bar fridge, wardrobe/dresser, microwave, and coffee-maker looked very new. Bathroom was very bright, white, and clean with newish fixtures.

The double beds had the old-fashioned bedspread over yellow polyester blanket combination but were very comfortable.

There was a busy restaurant attached to the hotel that did a roaring breakfast business, probably due to its $4.95 special of 2 pancakes, 2 eggs, 2 bacon/sausage or 1 slice ham.

The hotel attracts one night travellers, as it is 90 minutes to the next town (in all directions). There are also miners and other resource-based workers who will stay for longer stretches at a time. Don't worry about the workers, though, as there is no bar close to the hotel, so the "yahoo" types will be staying elsewhere.

Next time I'm in Princeton, I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

“Thank you for posting your review, we appreciate your taking the time to do so. Our staff works hard to provide you with the best possible accommodations for the most reasonable rates. We also love our hanging baskets that brighten everyone's day. We are happy that you found our Inn to be clean, comfortable and updated. Please stop again on your next trip through Princeton"