“Attentive service, great steak”

112 Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #14 of 62 Restaurants in Revelstoke
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A touch of elegance in the heart of historic downtown Revelstoke, whether its for a three course meal or just some tasty appetizers and cocktails, the 112 Restaurant and Lounge welcomes you!
Kelowna, BC
“Attentive service, great steak”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My spouse and I stayed at the Regent Hotel and after a long drive that day, decided to eat at the hotel restaurant. We were not disappointed. Yes, the wine by the bottle was expensive, but a 1/2 litre was good value. There was a bread basket - somewhat of a rarity now - and although the bread was excellent, some of it was warmish and some cold. This led me to believe it should have all been warm - no matter, it was delish. Our service was very attentive. Our server let us know right off the bat that this would be a team effort and it proved to be. When we asked for a description of the vegetable crepe, our server did not know what veggies were in it. She went to check with her partner and reported back. The crepe was fine but my steak was super! I asked for it medium rare and our server described what medium rare meant at this restaurant. It was what I wanted and I got exactly what I wanted. We chose the vegan gluten free option for dessert, just because it sounded delicious and it was! The chocolate tart on a walnut crust: yum, yum, yum!! The meal for two included a shared salad, the two mains, a shared dessert and 1/2 liter of wine came to about $85. This included the 10% off coupon we got because we were staying at the hotel. It was well worth it - I would recommend this restaurant to anyone I like.

• Visited September 2013

• Arabic first
“A very nice meal in revelstoke”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We got away to revelstoke for the weekend spur of the moment without any plans for when we got there. We asked the hotel front desk where a nice place to have supper was and she suggested 112. We were glad we listened to her. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was great. The restaurant may have been busier than they planned as they seemed to be a bit understaffed so the service suffered a little but not enough to cause disappointment. It was a great finish to a beautiful day in Revelstoke. Well worth it!

• Visited August 2013
BHG112Manager, General Manager at 112 Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your online review regarding your recent dinner at the 112 Restaurant. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about experience and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon at the 112!
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
“Slightly disappointing”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had seen this restaurant prior to going on holiday to Canada where we were celebrating our ruby wedding anniversary. Booking was fine, and we were allotted a really snug booth, unfortunately it was so dark, and there was no option to increase the light we had to ask o move else we wouldnt have seen what to order! We were moved to an adjacent table which was ok but not private at all really but thatwas our fault. Meal was ok but not exceptional. Service was very attentive, a bit too much for us really. Wine by the bottle very expensive but we were finding that all over BC . Steak was not tough but think hey really need to invest in steak knives as i found it really hard work to cut and eat. This was their 'special with prawns'. Felt a lot of emphasis was pn the service. When one of the other staff gave us the bill, our server made sure we knew it was a 'team effort'. I.e. regarding the obligatory tip that was required.

• Visited August 2013
Brady B, General Manager at 112 Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your input.
I am glad you enjoyed our steak and prawn feature. I will address the steak knife issue you describe.
Thanks you for your business and for taking the time to review our restaurant online
“Good food let down by poor service”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The food was excellent, and we enjoyed the live music, however the service was terrible.
One of the staff started off by interviewing my husband and I on everything from profession to whether we were married, which hotels we were staying in on our visit etc. This seemed to be an assessment on whether we were good enough to be dining there (it seems we were judged not to be good enough!).
I'm unsure on whether the staff completely forgot we were there...but our meals took 50 minutes to arrive, which seemed excessive.
Trying to get the bill was a challenge, and I found my attempts to attract attention, including walking directly towards one member of staff to ask for it, were repeatedly ignored. That particular lady walked away when she saw me approaching.
I won't be returning and I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for a friendly place. If you're happy with the elitist attitude though, go for it.
I'm sad that this has clouded our short visit, as Im sure there are many other nice places to eat in Revelstoke.

• Visited August 2013
Thank you for online review. I apologize for your unpleasant experience and not exceeding your expectations.
At the 112, we encourage our staff to make small talk and go that extra mile to ensure our guests feel welcome. I am sorry you feel that this staff members friendliness was pretentious; I believe your server was not trying to interrogate you, but only trying to be friendly and welcoming. Nevertheless, I apologize again for not exceeding your expectations and giving you a positive experience.
I hope you will consider joining us again and allowing us to "wow you" with our food and service
Vancouver, Canada
“Perfect in Every Way”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

As I was in Revelstoke for the night during the BC long weekend, I wanted somewhere nice to eat. Trip Advisor actually recommended this as a steak house, and I am so glad I went. I had the special sirloin and prawns and it was delivered very quickly after ordering, but it was cooked absolutely divine. There are lots of comments on here saying they cooked the steak exactly to order - they aren't kidding! I've never had a rare steak that perfectly rare in any other place. The sauces and sides and bread were all exceptional too. And the gelato was the perfect finish. Topped it off with a local beer and you can bet your bottom I will be coming back here any time I'm coming through the area!

10/10, excellent atmosphere, service, and food.

• Visited August 2013
Brady B, General Manager at 112 Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
It is great to hear that you enjoyed the steak and prawns feature at the 112. We love to hear our guests positive comments. I will ensure you comments are communicated to our great team of chefs.
Thank you again for taking the time to fill out a TripAdvisor review.

We appreciate your business. We look forward to your return