Canyon Hot Springs
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Revelstoke
See available hotels
Glacier House Resort(Revelstoke)
Regent Hotel(Revelstoke)
Powder Springs Inn(Revelstoke)
Revelstoke Lodge(Revelstoke)
Swiss Chalet Motel(Revelstoke)
The Cube Hotel(Revelstoke)
View Hotel
All reviewsrv campgroundflush toiletsfreight traingreen spacebeautiful spotfive nightssurrounded by treestrains passing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My family and I were looking for a place near Calgary to camp with hot springs. We tried out Canyon Hot Springs this last weekend. I've never been so completely disgusted by my stay at a campground. We arrived to realize it was $35 per site for simply a tent, no service. But that's only a bit above industry standard so we took the site.

Since we were there for two nights/three days, we were really looking forward to spending a lot of time in the pool. And I will agree that this is a glorified hot springs. They should consider a name change. I cannot believe that campers only receive 10% discount off of the insane prices to get in the pool. 2 day passes for 2 people equals $50??? no thanks! And then you expect me to buy a lock from you? How about take all the money you're over-charging me and put that towards coined lockers? I would appreciate feeling like my stuff is safe while I'm in your facility.

I am horrified at the amount of money these people think they can charge for showers! $3 for 6 minutes??? It was worth buying a pool pass so I could at least take a real, unlimited, shower afterwards. I was tempted to climb into the washer (for laundry) and at least get my money's worth.

We were very close to the office, so we constantly heard tacky 90's contemporary music from our site. Call Me Maybe? No thank you. I'd take that over the train that hoofed it's caboose up the hill half a block away from our tent on the hour every hour, if not more. Although I can appreciate the efficiency in this type of transportation, being woken up 10 times every night by a locomotive is not my idea of a restful vacation!

In the morning, there was a male attendant in the female washroom cleaning away. No sign up saying it was closed. He didn't acknowledge us once; just kept working. UM hello?? I'm pretty sure there's some sort of privacy act stating that men shouldn't be in a woman's washroom. Several patrons walked in and out when we were in there and more than once commented on half the stall doors being busted. But i'm sure those won't be fixed any time soon.

We were gouged by the $6 ice cream cones (ONE scoop) on the way out of the pool as well. $30 for a family worth of ice cream cones? Really?

I guess these prices need to stay up or they wouldn't be able to keep those Escalades and fancy new 1 ton trucks shined up in the Staff parking lot.

So in case you haven't caught my drift, I don't recommend this place AT ALL. It's worth the extra gas money to keep driving.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Kristi N
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We had a great time, yes the train went by lots, but that is a part of the mountains no matter where you stay. We only planned to stay there 1 night, but stayed for 4. Very clean, friendly staff, great food. We will be back again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Never written a review before but felt the need to warn people Triple A rated this place good, but failed to mention the Trans Canada railroad drives through the property near as we can tell every two hours all night long, and since it is going up the pass they really are on the throttles, The facility itself, is over priced, the RV spaces next to the pools are nice but, the staff play 80's rock music through the outdoor speakers what the H Not quiet at all, for the money they charge you should at least get a dip in the pool but everything is seperately priced, did not see one Canadian there so they must know where else to go.
Went on to Banff it was wonderfull.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank paul g
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had not been to Canyon for more than 7 years and were very surprised by what we found when we stopped for a swim in the hot pool before heading on to the Okanagan. Driving through the campground, we noticed that there were very few campers which was very unusual for the second week of July. When we used to camp here years ago, you were hard pressed to even get a site without booking well in advance. The cost of a swim had definitely increased and you could no longer rent a lock for the lockers - you either had to buy one or go without. Just as well as the change room was not well-maintained - quite dirty so chose to take our things out on the pool deck with us. The pools were ok, though you really couldn't tell that they were sourced from hot springs. Could smell nothing but the chlorine. Aside from our family, there were only 3 other people in the pool. Strange for a hot springs. On our return trip two weeks later, there were many more people in the pool but this time the cool pool was quite cold.
Not sure if we will ever visit again. May try Crazy Creek (new hot pools that opened recently) next time we travel through this area. Disappointing that new management has let this go so far downhill.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JT115
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The other reviews really sum it up - terrible value for money.

We were in site #5 and were kept up by a hot springs user who had parked a horse trailer in an adjacent spot with a howling barking dog tied up in the back - when we complained at the office we were told "You can't go horse back riding now"?? The staff barely speak English and my Korean isn't so good.

The hot springs are and extra charge $32 for a family and are a total rip off - no heads on the showers - and my son asked me "Hey Dad how do we know these are hot springs and not just some crummy pool and hot tub?" Good question.

Stay at the KOA just down the highway - they would be hard pressed to be worse than this dump!!

Laundry $4 for a dryer cycle - really? Cheese burgers $9.50 LOL