“Buyer Beware!!!”
Review of Peaks Lodge

Peaks Lodge
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We too saw the sign on the highway going in to Revelstoke on our way from
Vancouver to Calgary. It looked so quaint and postcard perfect from the outside. The bed was horrible. The bedding and pillows needed replacing roughly 10 years ago. The room was colder than the hubs of hell, and then at 2:00 a.m. the power went out. If we thought it was cold before the power went out, it was freezing not long after it went out. We got dressed and packed by the light of our cells phones and left at 3:15. The price of this room should have been about $15. Never, ever again. Our truck would have been warmer.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Sleeplesspeaks
There are newer reviews for Peaks Lodge

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My teenaged daughters and I stopped at this hotel during our drive from Vancouver to Calgary a few weeks ago. It was a short-notice booking, with check- in occurring about 15 minutes after the initial phone call. The facility is located a few clicks west of Revelstoke, on Highway 1.

The room was very basic and clearly directed towards the snowmobiling crowd; the electric boot warmer gave it away. The floor was old lino, the accoutrements basic but generally clean. It was not difficult to hear other guests in their rooms. We were interested to note that the smoke/fire alarm on the ceiling was open and the battery removed. Although that was of some concern, we didn't act on it as I assumed it was hard-wired.

By the time morning rolled around, it began to dawn on me (no pun intended) why the battery had been removed: there had been a power failure during the night of at least four hours duration. The room was positively freezing. At no time did any staff check to see if some form of supplemental heat/warmth might be required. Our remedy was to get dressed quickly, start our vehicle, and warm up in there.

We had dinner at the restaurant located in the hotel. Very basic furnishings but I don't need a fancy environment if the food is good. Alas, that was not the case. The waitress was very pleasant but the food was pedestrian at best and cloying at worst. It filled a void, but it wasn't a place any of us would eat at again.

All in all the room met our basic needs on short notice. It was less expensive than other properties located in the city proper but the next time I'll spend a bit extra and get a room elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Wopmay
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stopped at this hotel on our way through to calgary. A little hesitant to stay considering they were advertising for $69 thinking it wouldn't be such a great place for a price so low. The front desk girl offered us a $69 room right away and asked us if we would like to see it. Yes, the rooms are old, but they are clean. For $10 more we stayed in the main lodge. Newer room with phone and internet, which we needed at the time. All staff we encountered were super friendly and full of personality (including the owners) which goes along great with this cute little looking lodge! We ate dinner and breakfast downstairs in the restaurant and both of our meals were really good! Huge portions for a great price! By far the best meal I have had in Revelstoke in all my years of travelling through. We were the only ones in the restaurant at the time, but even the cook came out to make sure we were enjoying our meals. This was a nice little touch. It is located on the highway, so some traffic noise for sure, but overall we had a really good stay and will definately be staying here in the future!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cass J
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This place is great! Yes, the rooms are not new. But they are clean. Service was excellent! Because the rooms were only $69 per night, we were hesitant to stay here. We went to the office to inquire about the $69 room, immediatly she offfered us to look at it before we decide.

The only downfall is that it is in a noisy location. You hear all the noise from the highway. But we were so tired we were out.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MoniandVal
Reviewed July 16, 2012

OK, so it's cheap (I paid 69$ in July). But it's pretty basic. No smoking rooms, but folks smoking right outside their rooms, so you can't open your windows, which you're unlikely to do anyway, since the road noise is fairly loud. No air conditioning for summer. Reasonably clean, but very basic accommodation--the bed sags visibly, and I haven't been on it yet. Carpet with the usual snowmobile/skier stains. Few amenities.

Staff seems laid back, but are actually very helpful. The night I stayed there the restaurant wasn't open, though they said it was. I was directed companionably to the Great White North across the street, which was great. I was offered help up with my suitcase, when I was half way up.

I am not sure if you can find cheaper in Revelstoke, but I would be willing to look.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed here for one night late in February...never again! Room was run down but the worst part of the bad night was that the noise from the room above us made us fear that the ceiling would drop.....an apology from management would have been appreciated.

Room Tip: Staff is not at hotel after 11pm.....I would not stay at this hotel unless I wanted to be awake all...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Seniorwanderers
Reviewed March 30, 2012

In the 30 plus years that i have been snowmobiling i have never met such nice snowmobilers and owners (Alec&Birdie). $69 dollars for mountain side access with hot tubs? If you you can honestly wine about this you have never had to sleep in the wilderness, I am a seasoned outdoorsmen and wish i could do this cheaper? Please contact me and i would be pleased to check this out with you.

Kind regards

injun'

Room Tip: all rooms are within expectations
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family