“Full of personality!”
Review of Peaks Lodge

Peaks Lodge
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stopped at this hotel on our way through to calgary. A little hesitant to stay considering they were advertising for $69 thinking it wouldn't be such a great place for a price so low. The front desk girl offered us a $69 room right away and asked us if we would like to see it. Yes, the rooms are old, but they are clean. For $10 more we stayed in the main lodge. Newer room with phone and internet, which we needed at the time. All staff we encountered were super friendly and full of personality (including the owners) which goes along great with this cute little looking lodge! We ate dinner and breakfast downstairs in the restaurant and both of our meals were really good! Huge portions for a great price! By far the best meal I have had in Revelstoke in all my years of travelling through. We were the only ones in the restaurant at the time, but even the cook came out to make sure we were enjoying our meals. This was a nice little touch. It is located on the highway, so some traffic noise for sure, but overall we had a really good stay and will definately be staying here in the future!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cass J

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This place is great! Yes, the rooms are not new. But they are clean. Service was excellent! Because the rooms were only $69 per night, we were hesitant to stay here. We went to the office to inquire about the $69 room, immediatly she offfered us to look at it before we decide.

The only downfall is that it is in a noisy location. You hear all the noise from the highway. But we were so tired we were out.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MoniandVal
Reviewed July 16, 2012

OK, so it's cheap (I paid 69$ in July). But it's pretty basic. No smoking rooms, but folks smoking right outside their rooms, so you can't open your windows, which you're unlikely to do anyway, since the road noise is fairly loud. No air conditioning for summer. Reasonably clean, but very basic accommodation--the bed sags visibly, and I haven't been on it yet. Carpet with the usual snowmobile/skier stains. Few amenities.

Staff seems laid back, but are actually very helpful. The night I stayed there the restaurant wasn't open, though they said it was. I was directed companionably to the Great White North across the street, which was great. I was offered help up with my suitcase, when I was half way up.

I am not sure if you can find cheaper in Revelstoke, but I would be willing to look.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed here for one night late in February...never again! Room was run down but the worst part of the bad night was that the noise from the room above us made us fear that the ceiling would drop.....an apology from management would have been appreciated.

Room Tip: Staff is not at hotel after 11pm.....I would not stay at this hotel unless I wanted to be awake all...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Seniorwanderers
Reviewed March 30, 2012

In the 30 plus years that i have been snowmobiling i have never met such nice snowmobilers and owners (Alec&Birdie). $69 dollars for mountain side access with hot tubs? If you you can honestly wine about this you have never had to sleep in the wilderness, I am a seasoned outdoorsmen and wish i could do this cheaper? Please contact me and i would be pleased to check this out with you.

Kind regards

injun'

Room Tip: all rooms are within expectations
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank indyinFtMac
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Seems this place is run on a shoe string budget with the employees doing at least 2 jobs apiece. Room was clean and basic. Beds were okay but had to request more pillows as the ones provided were pretty thin. If you want to use a hot tub, you have to pay extra so we didn't (never heard of THAT policy before!). The restaurant food for breakfast was ok. We were trying to avoid the high priced hotels in Revelstoke but I am not sure it was worth it to stay here. Not the best place for families as the walls are thin and I was constantly shoshing my kids as I didn't want to disturb others.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank BC_CanadaWx_chick
Reviewed December 23, 2010

For 120 bucks plus tax a night this place does not hold up their end of the bargain. The service in the restaurant is brutal with one waitress in most cases doing a poor job. We paid 40 bucks extra to have a hot tub and one day all the tubs stunk. One even had cigarrette butts floating in it. The other three days the hot tub was overheating, not working, or stinky. After riding hard all day we needed a tub to relax sore muscles and we had to wait 2 hours for them to fix it. The parking lot is disorganized with trucks parking where trailers should be. We had to drag our gear across a trail made through the snow because knowone could shovel the sidewalks. There were 10 of us on three different rooms and none of us slept weel because the mattresses were so bad. They are so old I cant believe we are expected to sleep on them and pay someone to do it .Wehad four days in our room and the staff did not give us clean towels one day. I can not say enough bad about this place. Not one of the 10 of us willl return.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family