“Good Value”

and 1 more site!
Swiss Chalet Motel
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Revelstoke
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I spent a week at the Swiss Chalet. There are nicer, more expensive hotels in Revelstoke but I didn't expect to be in the room much so I went for this hotel based on price and location to where I would be working. It was very clean and for the price good value. The train did wake me up pretty much every night and the walls are fairly thin but I slept with earplugs and it was all good. The breakfast included is a nice feature but I was out too early each morning to try it. I'd stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Swiss_Chalet_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Swiss Chalet Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We are very happy you found our motel good value. The trains can sometimes be loud in Revelstoke, please feel free to ask for a room furthest away from the train tracks on your next stay. We are also more than happy to supply you with breakfast such as muffins, cereal the night before if you can't make the breakfast time. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the future.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

I stayed one night at the Swiss Chalet with my husband and mother in a 2 bedroom unit. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. Very good value !

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Swiss_Chalet_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Swiss Chalet Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. Great to hear it was such a positive experience staying at Swiss Chalet Motel. We look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

As some other reviews have mentioned, the single queen rooms are quite small. There was not enough space to get things out of my suitcase other than on the bed. I got a peek at a double queen room through an open door which looked typically sized however. My room was quite clean and there was an LCD tv (though quite small and mounted to the wall).

You can certainly hear the trains, but I believe it's unavoidable in Revelstoke. Hotel is located about halfway between the Trans Canada highway and the downtown area. The walk downtown is about 10 minutes. Staff were very pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo

Thank you, we appreciate your comments. The standard one queen room is the smallest of our rooms and it is great for a short stay or those looking to save a few dollars. We recommend a standard two queen room or one of our specialty rooms if you are staying a while or if you need the extra room. Some of the bonuses with the suites are that they have a king size bed and 32 inch LCD televisions. We are very happy that you found the staff to be friendly and the rooms to be clean. We hope to see you on your next trip to Revelstoke.

Reviewed November 12, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights with my grandsons and a dog after a hectic 2 weeks of traveling. We were ready to relax. The pet friendly room was spotless and I would have never known there had ever been a dog in there before us. It had the cleanest bathroom I've ever seen. Check in was easy, and we were given advice to head to the main street area for the live music in the evening. This motel has recently been renovated and has top notch beds and linens. Our room was next door to the laundry which concerned me at first, but there was minimal noise and it ended early in the evening so it did not disturb our sleep. I was aware of the trains during the day, but never heard them at night. I did hear the sound of the odd semi going buy in the night, but no trains. The staff were friendly and helpful, and one gal pointed out the mother bear and her cubs hanging around on the other side if the other side of the tracks, suggesting that I shouldn't walk my pup over there. Great advice, thank you! The free breakfast offerings were generous. The only complaint I have would be the lack of fresh fruit. It was peak orchard season, and fortunately we had stopped at a roadside stand and bought fresh cherries, blueberries, and raspberries. We brought some in the eating room and put it on our freshly made waffles.
The value for money spent on our room was great, and the free passes to the Leisure Centre
were a special bonus. I usually stay at an overpriced box chain hotel, but not anymore.
We spent an afternoon touring the Revelstoke Dam, and my grandson's who are 5 and 6 thought it was great. It's also dog friendly which was a nice break from the summer heat.
I have recommended this motel to friends and relatives, and they have all had wonderful experiences too. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: This motel only has only one dog friendly room, so be sure to book early.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Stayed here one night passing through Revelstoke. The room was fantastic, and the staff were top notch. Would for sure recommend. LOVED the jacuzzi tub. As with most places in Revelstoke the train noise is quite loud through the night, but you get used to it.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi tub was huge and comfortable for two.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We stayed just one night as we were driving through on a long drive. This motel is very clean and comfortable, looks recently updated, and the price was reasonable. Our room was fairly small (the standard queen room) but it was good enough for an overnight and had everything we needed. Our friends stayed in a room with 2 queen beds, and their room was very spacious and nice. The staff were friendly, and there's a good breakfast included! We would definitely stay again and would recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Price included breakfast (cereal,waffles, toast, muffins, juice, tea/coffee) and wi fi. Room was smaller than others we have stayed in but big enough (ours was the standard queen) and very clean. Excellent location, yes the trains run by fairly loud during the day but we didn't get woken up once in the night so can only assume they don't run overnight! Would stay again

• Stayed: October 2011