“luch and dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ginger & Spice Bistro - CLOSED

Ginger & Spice Bistro
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Oxford, Canada
“luch and dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

had the wonderful opportunity to experience lunch and dinner at this amazing resturant. enjoyed lunch outside with a view of the mountain and dinner by the fire. the food was a pleasure with champagne salad, carrot ginger soup and duck fries being three of my favourites. thank you to the staff for two great meals and i will definitely be back next time i am in the revelstoke area.

• Visited September 2012

Prince George, Canada
“YUMMY YUMMY in my TUMMY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

We recently visited Ginger&Spice, as we heard from friends that the food was great! We decided to enjoy the back patio, which was spacious and not over crowded. Our server was very attentive and made sure we had everything we need. It was also a true pleasure seeing the chef's come out back to pick fresh herbs from the garden.

The chef seems to have a wonderful grasp on flavours. We started with a couple perfect appetizers and Mt Bigsby Beer (Fresh off the tap). We also enjoyed several of the entrées including the fantastic mussels and duck fries, the sirloin, and the halibut. The portion sizes were all great. We enjoyed the meals thoroughly, ESPECIALLY the duck fries! After crushing our entrées we decided to try the deserts, all of which were amazing.

Ginger&Spice Bistro is fantastic I would recommend to anyone wanting good food!

• Visited September 2012
Bend, Oregon
“Wonderful dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

We happened into this delightful restaurant while staying in Revelstoke. The meal was outstanding. The menu is innovative, with wonderfully fresh, locally-grown ingredients. Their chef has a real talent. We enjoyed the lovely garden patio for dinner, then coffee and desserts at a table out front, so we could enjoy the live music happening in the closed street in front of the restaurant. Our waiter, Ben, was thoroughly attentive, and MarieEve made sure our meal and evening were very special. A very highly recommended restaurant!

Visited August 2012
Marie-Eve B, Owner at Ginger & Spice Bistro, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
We are glad that yo enjoyed your experience at Ginger & Spice!
We hope to see you again in the future.
“Lucky find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

While I was wandering downtown Revelstoke looking for a place to dine I came across Ginger & Spice. It was my lucky day! I was able to sit on the front patio where I had a clear view of the evening live music in Grizzly Plaza. My food was unique and delicious (I had trouble deciding what to order as everything seemed wonderful), prices were fair, and service was also adequate.

We are glad that you enjoyed your experience at Ginger & Spice.
Your review allowed us to learn more about our customers and what they enjoy in our restaurant.
San Francisco, CA
“Fresh, creative food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

I like to eat the "local" food when traveling, and this seemed to fill the bill of being "modern BC cuisine." I ordered the signature carrot-ginger soup, which was less gingery than I would have expected, given the name of the restaurant, but still delicious. I also had the lamb "appetizer": soft braised lamb molded in to a cube, with a small pile of baby spinach leaves garnished with dried cranberries and a spicy cranberry-apple chutney. Finally, I had the duck fat fries, which didn't taste particularly of duck fat but were delicious nonetheless.

Service was a friendly but a little amateurish for the price range -- when I ordered I thought I had specified that they bring the dishes in two courses (soup, then lamb with the fries), but they came all at once. It was late, and I got the impression they were more focused on getting ready to close.

The location is great: on the street that's blocked off every night in summer for live music (there's plenty of parking in the back). I could enjoy the music without braving the mosquitos outside.

• Visited August 2012
Thank you for your review on Ginger & Spice Bistro.
We have now been open for a few months and your review helped the management team greatly. We have worked with our servers in improving the dinning experience for our customers.