“Great Rate”
Review of Monashee Lodge

Monashee Lodge
Reviewed October 8, 2013

When we arrived in Revelstoke we we underwhelmed by the original motel which I had booked on line. After a brief search around town, we discovered the Monashee Lodge. Jeff, the new owner, showed us a room that was clean and met our needs for two nights. He gave us a rate we couldn't complain about and found it a delightful stay. The only down side was he couldn't offer breakfast but that was not a big issue and well surpassed by the super comfy beds. The additional attraction was meeting and visiting with the owner Jeff; truly an unforgettable guy with whom anyone would become enchanted. Highly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank notlima

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Not far off Hwy1.
We stayed one night in July. We had never stopped in Revelstoke before.
This motel was in process of being revamped. The room was dated, but it was freshly painted, new carpet and the bedding and towels are new. The room was roomy, clean, comfortable.
The couple running the place are friendly and knowledgeable about the town.
The walk to town for dinner was about 15-20 minutes, easy and flat. We will visit again.
We wish the Monashee Lodge success.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Avg_40ish_woman
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic emergency stopover after accident closed Rogers Pass (something that seems to happen a lot!). Owner couldn't have been more accommodating, even though we turned up late and interrupted his tea. Explained renovations in progress and price reflected this. Lovely large room, fantastic shower, comfy beds. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Th90801
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Just stayed at the Monashee Lodge. It was ok since we had a renovated room. The ad stated that they had a spa with hot tub and sauna however they were being renovated. Also, no continental breakfast because of renovations. Very disappointing. They should at least give you a better deal on the room which didn't happen. If you are staying there, take your own breakfast and don't bother with your bathing suit!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey A, Owner at Monashee Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Although I appreciate guest comments because they help us to continually try to improve our services I don't agree with the "false advertising" label. We tell everyone prior to checking into the Monashee Lodge that our breakfast and spa services are temporarily closed for renos. We also recommend other motels/hotels in Revelstoke if these amenities are essential to their trip enjoyment. We also have lowered our rates accordingly during this renovation period. We try. Sometimes it works...and I guess sometimes it doesn't.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband and I had planned on camping but when it started pouring, we decided to find a hotel or motel. We try to support small businesses when possible, so we decided to give Monashee Lodge a try. We weren't disappointed!

I met Jeff and Grace, the new owners (2 months). They are in the process of renovating the rooms bit by bit. Our room was really lovely, with a Keurig coffee capsule machine (2 capsules free), brand new Sharp flat screen TV, heavenly down duvets, freshly renovated bathroom, new carpet, table with two chairs, and even a table with chairs on the outdoor walkway.

Jeff was only to happy to give directions and recommendations and he is very helpful indeed.

The only tiny minuscule thing is that the Wifi didn't work in our room - but we were in the furthest possible room in terms of distance from reception, so I imagine it works in most rooms!

Finally, the price is sensational for this area - $113 incl tax per night. Definitely give these guys a go, you will be very comfortable, well looked after and you will also be supporting a family run business. Enjoy :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I had stopped at three motels all were closed at 9:30 pm ,I came across the Monashee Lodge ,The New owner Grace came down from her time off to assist me in a room ,The room was very clean and pet friendly and the price was amazing ,I had lost my dog the day prior not only were they concerned they posted pictures of Him and showed kindness ,Amazing owners I wish them well because they sure do have the manner for the business I well be staying there any time I visit Revelstoke BC,
Winona Laughton

Room Tip: Friendliest Motel in Revelstoke make you feel welcome to the town I found rooms to be comfortable...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank winona50
Reviewed August 10, 2013

While I do agree with the other reviews about it being very clean and the new owners being very friendly I do have some other comments.

It kind of reminds me of the old saying about putting lipstick on a pig. We had a pet friendly room so I understand about not having the fancy duvet covers but.............. the room and especially the bathroom are tiny. This is not a place you could stay in for more than 1 night. This is an old motel that yes is being renovated but duvets and Kuerig coffee machines do make it into anything more than that. At $100 I do not find it a good value.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business