“Put me in a bad mood”
Review of Isabella's Ristorante - CLOSED

Isabella's Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Authentic Italian cuisine. Family owned and operated.
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Not for foodies. Food was average at best, maybe just one step above a "family restaurant". I had an ordinary salad with shrimp that tasted a little off. Everyone else had pizza, which had a thick bready crust. (More like Pizza Hut than authentic Italian. Great if that's your style, I guess. Personally, I prefer a thinner crust.)
We were lured in by the cute terrace and appealing-looking specials. But we were unable to sit on the terrace -- even though there was an empty table-- because a family with a bunch of kids took the chairs and crowded them around their table. The servers seemed unwilling/unable to find a solution, so we had to eat inside even though it was a lovely evening. It took forever to be seated, even though there were empty tables inside.
On the positive side: The server we had at our table was sweet, and she recommended a nice local beer. The price was reasonable.

3  Thank Napoleonchat
There are newer reviews for Isabella's Ristorante

Reviewed July 31, 2012

My daughter reminds me that she also liked the penne. Good meal and a reasonable price. A decent sized glass of chocolate milk for the little guy and a constant refill on the water without asking which is nice as it was a hot day - the kids didn't like the bread and dip but it had some strong flavours that if your not a kid you'll really enjoy.

Service was great and the girl who told us "was born and raised in Revelstoke" was a fantastic source of info on the area.

They do need to replace the handles in the bathrooms as the locks are the push type and don't work too well - my daughter couldn't get it to work and someone walked in on her - an easy fix.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Isabella's is where the old Claudio's used to be and just like Claudio's it isn't very good. In fact, the food is pretty much the same but the decor has thankfully improved. If you think you'll be getting authetic Italian, think again. The pasta is cooked well in advance and often served old. Typically you'll find chopped up old penne in your minestrone which is just watered down tomato sauce, carrots, celery and cabbage (!?) boiled to mush. Where's the fresh vegetables? Beans? This isn't minestrone, it's a farce and an insult. Do the owners even know what "minestrone" means? I think not, and save me your reply how you'll strive better in the future. The place has been opened over a year and you're still churning out the same slop and tired excuses.

The food.. lacking any sort of passion. I saw kids and a tired looking older woman going through the motions of making my meal. Italian food is about passion, good ingredients and simply rustic food, this restaraunt fails on all these levels. Veal Parm? Chicken Parm? Not Italian. Pasta? Not cooked properly. Lasagna? A couple baby meatballs layered with cheese and noodles. The ravioli? Brough in frozen. What is made "in house" isn't any good and certainly not worth the money..

The service. Poor. One of the servers, Jess spends more time ignoring your table and talking in the back than she does doing her job. Didn't even check to see how our table was and how the food was. (in case you're wondering, terrible)

Don't bother eating here, save your money, but if you do eat here and enjoy it, you're probably the type of person who also enjoys Chef Boyardee, who if the cooks in the back strived to be would be an improvement.

1  Thank LeoPav
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The food was actually really nice - I had pasta (big portions, tasty), my friends pizza (the medium pizza is BIG, but not homemade crusts, which is a big minus) - but the service was so lousy. The waitress waited forever to get our orders, didn't come out with new drinks when we ordered, didn't fill up our water glasses when empty (hot day), and mixed up my friend's order so he had to wait an extra 15 minutes for his pizza. On top of it all, she hovered over me when I was about to pay and add the tips (didn't want to give her 15%), so I didn't dare give her the <10% I thought was appropriate for the service we got.

Vittoria M, Owner at Isabella's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

I am sorry to hear you had such bad service. Our crust is homemade. We make our pizza dough fresh everyday. It still doesn't make it right that your pizza was messed up. I appreciate your comments and will strive to make our service team better.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We chose Isabella's after wandering around Revelstoke looking for something for a fussy non meat eater. We chose the 'special' pasta with smoked salmon which came with a house salad and bread. It was all very good. It was quite reasonable priced. We also had some homemade cheesecake which was lovely. It was a nice evening and despite the place being very busy the 2 staff managed quite well.

Vittoria M, Owner at Isabella's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Thank you for the review. We are always happy to hear from our customers. We are very happy you enjoyed our food and we hope to see you again at Isabella's.