““Good Hotel””

Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Revelstoke
Toronto, Canada
““Good Hotel””
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Revelstoke Sandman hotel was a nice hotel, with friendly staff and clean rooms and ample parking space .Its an old hotel, but has renovated rooms. I would stay here again, nothing really stood out. However I loved the indoor hot tub and pool .Drive from Calgary was great and very scenic.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Sherin A, Manager at Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your experience. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. On behalf of the entire Sandman Hotel Staff we thank you and look forward to welcome you in the near future.
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kottarakara, Kerala, India
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed at the Sandman Revelstoke for 2 nights,this hotel met all my expectations. Fantastic service, clean rooms, extremely knowledgeable and helpful staff. All around one of the best experiences I have ever had enroute my drive to Edmonton . Will definetly stay in Sandman Revy from now for a few nights this summer !

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Shaan79
Sherin A, Manager at Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest
We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review of your recent experience at the Sandman Hotel Revelstoke. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. On behalf of the entire Sandman Hotel team we thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you the next time your travels bring you back to the area.
Clearwater, Canada
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We booked here because I had stayed a number of years ago and it was OK and priced right. When we arrived there was an error in the booking, as we had booked for 2 beds (family of 4) and kitchenette. After a wait we got a room, but outside entrance not near the pool. We walked into a recently renovated room save the kitchenette, which was a throwback to plywood style doors, sagging off the hinges. The cobwebs had multiplied from there even into the Reno area; it seems no one looks up when cleaning. In the end we toughed it out. Our kids got an education due to the thin walls and failure of staff to enforce the hot tub drinking rules, while we, the adults, reflected on our younger days....

All in all a really interesting experience....one we'll work to avoid in future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Naturally_Wonders
Sherin A, Manager at Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Valued guest from Clearwater

Thank you for your feedback. We regret to hear about the circumstances you have encountered during your visit and would like to extend our sincerest apologies to you. I would invite you to contact me directly by email at Doo_revelstoke@Sandman.ca to discuss your concerns in further detail.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Only stayed here because the Transcanda Highway was closed.

$130 for the night. Newly renovated room. The pillows shams had some sort of bodily fluid on them. Not able to tell if it was semen or drool. I politely asked to have them changed and was given major attitude and no apology. Seriously makes me wonder whatelse wasn't cleaned/changed between each guest...and when the last time they were changed at all.

The pool was aweful. I don't think there was enough chemicles to keep it clean and the "hot tub" was cold. The pool itself felt only slightly cooler than the hot tub.

Hotel staff overall not very good. I would not stay at another Sandman location, anywhere.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sherin A, Manager at Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are terribly regretful for the unsatisfactory experience you had, and I would invite you to contact me directly by email at Doo_revelstoke@Sandman.ca to discuss your concerns in further detail.
Director of Operations

Travelers are raving about these Revelstoke hotels

Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed February 3, 2014

As usual, whist on route to Kelowna from LAX my experience with United Airlines, was an absolute nightmare. But anyone who travels knows they are the rubbish truck of the industry.
The reason I mention this, is as on route to Revelstoke from Oz, a long trip, I ended up having to get to Kelowna very late one evening due to United and in turn arrived at Revelstoke with my previously booked accom booked out.

So, the good news was the first hotel our Stoke shuttle pulled up at at 10pm at night was the Sandman, and I quickly booked a room at a reasonably price considering last minute. The room was perfect for my very temporary needs and I stayed for one night. The room was very quiet and your standard size and fit out. Very comfortable and the staff were terrific at front desk.
It is a 25 min walk to centre of Revvy, but is close to hwy and all chain food establishments.

The staff allowed me to store my ski gear for the day, so I was appreciative.

If your a skier, the good news is the mountain shuttle stops out front and is complimentary if your a guest etc. very good service.

Overall, as I want to be closer in town, a good option in a small town.

Hope this helps and apologies for the initial rant about United.

Room Tip: If your here for a duration during winter, better value options are closer to Revvy CBD. Reduce the...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Sherin A, Manager at Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Morimagic,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. And thank you for the great remark on the staff and the room .I am glad that you could make worthy use of our facilities and the shuttle bus service. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sandman Hotel Revelstoke in the future.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Luckily our family (2 adults, 2 teenagers) had reservations when the Trans-Canada closed on January 2, 2014. We had a room but many people did not. I was extremely impressed with how the front desk staff handled all the requests from stranded travelers. While they could not accommodate everybody they were respectful, kind and helpful to all who came looking for a room. The room had parking lot access which suited us just fine. The room was spacious, the beds were comfortable and the bedding was new and clean. While there were some signs of wear and tear they did not diminish the stay in the least. The fitness room has new equipment (treadmill, stationary bike, elliptical), mats and a universal machine. The pool area was a bit on the dark side for parents with younger children but the other building also had a pool which is much more brightly lit.

Room Tip: Ask about access, some rooms are access from the hallway and some are access from the parking lot.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sherin A, Manager at Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Anna Maria,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. And thank you for the fantastic comments on the staff, room and the facilities we have. We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sandman Hotel Revelstoke in the future.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This was my first and last stay at a Sandman hotel.

The staff was lovely however the rooms were dismal. The ceiling had been patched numerous times, the bedding had holes in it, the pillow cases were stained and the walls were as thin as paper. Half the rooms are exterior rooms and face the parking lot and half are interior rooms and face the atrium. The atrium has a pool and although the pool closes at 10:00 pm it is not locked so guests can and do use it as late as 1:00 and 2:00 am. Combine that with those paper thin walls and you will not get little or no sleep.

I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Sherin A, Manager at Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest from Vancouver,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at The Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, even though you certainly seem to have had a disappointing stay. Therefore, I have taken the liberty of sending you a direct message to find out some more details regarding your stay in order for me to personally follow up with my housekeeping team to ensure the bedding to be taken care off and the stained pillow. As this is one of the oldest properties in the chain, serious renovation plans are sketched out for this year early spring. These challenges and service breakdowns are certainly not indicative of the fine level of service and guest experience that we are striving for, therefore I was pleased to read that you had a lovely experience with our staff.

On behalf of the entire Sandman Hotel Revelstoke team, I am sincerely apologetic that your stay did not live up to your or my expectations and I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best for 2014 and yours sincerely,